When we think of any government exam, one of the most confusing sections is current affairs because of the diverse sources that we have today. Eduriefy, the best AI learning app compiles all the news in a simple format and you can have a look at it every day without running to diverse sources for daily current affairs.
National Current Affairs
1)The Telangana government inaugurates T-hub
- The most recent T-Hub launch in Hyderabad by the Telangana government was praised by industrialist Ratan Tata.
- The chairman emeritus of Tata Sons congratulated Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao on the new T-hub facility in Hyderabad, which will greatly enhance the Indian startup ecosystem.
2)The Odisha government wins the National MSME Award 2022’s top honor.
- Due to numerous initiatives done for the growth of MSMEs, the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Department of Odisha were given the top honor in the category “National MSME Award 2022 to States/UTs for exceptional contribution to the promotion and development of MSME Sector.” Second and third place, respectively, went to Bihar and Haryana.
3)Nagaland’s Honey Testing Lab is opened by the Union Agriculture Minister
- N S Tomar, the Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, opened the Dimapur Honey Testing Laboratory during his trip to Nagaland.
- Beekeepers and producers will benefit from the honey testing facility’s assistance in testing their produced honey.
- Tomar was present at a function at the North-East Agri Expo in Chumukedima. The ceremony was attended by G. Kaito, the Nagaland Agriculture Minister, as well as Central Horticulture Commissioner Prabhat Kumar and Chief Secretary J. Alam.
International Current Affairs
1)International Day of the Tropics observed on 03rd August
- International Day of the Tropics is observed globally on 03rd August.
- The International Day of the Tropics celebrates the extraordinary diversity of the tropics while highlighting unique challenges and opportunities nations of the Tropics face.
- It provides an opportunity to take stock of progress across the tropics, share tropical stories and expertise, and acknowledge the diversity and potential of the region.
2)Iran and Argentina submit BRICS club applications to join China and Russia.
- Iran has applied to join the BRICS, a collection of developing nations. Iran’s participation in the BRICS alliance.
- Argentina had also submitted a membership application. Alberto Fernandez, the president of Argentina, who is presently traveling in Europe, has recently reaffirmed his country’s intention to join the BRICS.
Business and Economy News
1)Acemoney unveiled new wearable ATM cards and offline payment options.
- UPI Acemoney has introduced wearable ATM cards and the UPI 123Pay payment system.
- People can conduct cashless transactions utilizing feature phones and the UPI 123 payment system without requiring smartphones or internet access.
- The wearable ATM cards are devices shaped like key chains and rings that let consumers conduct cashless transactions without using their phones or ATM cards.
Science and Technology News
1)In the salty waters of a red mangrove swamp in Guadeloupe, Lesser Antilles, scientists have found a massive white bacterium known as “Thiomargarita Magnifica Bacteria” on decaying leaves.
- The volume of a typical bacterium typically ranges from 0.4 to 3 m3. It can only be seen using a strong compound microscope with numerous objective lenses.
- The levels of magnification can be increased by switching between these lenses. Up to the most recent discoveries, bacteria were thought to be microscopic or microbiological entities.
- The discovery of Thiomargarita Magnifica contradicts all preconceived notions because it can be seen with the unaided eye.
1)Sydney McLaughlin, an Olympic champion, breaks her own 400-meter hurdles world record.
- At the American championships in Eugene, Oregon, Olympic gold medalist Sydney McLaughlin shattered her own women’s 400-meter hurdles world record by taking the title in 51.41 seconds.
- In front of a cheering audience, the 22-year-old took the lead early and never gave the rest of the field a chance to catch up, securing her place in the global championships.
- With Shamier Little coming in third in 53.92 seconds, Britton Wilson came in 1.67 seconds farther back.
1)Maharashtra political news: Massive setback for Uddhav Thackeray govt as SC orders floor test tomorrow
- The order has however been made subject to the outcome of the main petition that has challenged the disqualification notice issued to rebel MLAs.
1)Chowallor Krishnakutty, a renowned lyricist, passes away
- Chowalloor Krishnankutty, a well-known lyricist, author, and journalist from Kerala, died at a Thrissur private medical college hospital.
- Krishnankutty, a former staff artist of AIR, wrote more than 3000 devotional songs and more than 200 books. As an assistant editor for the daily Malayala Manorama, he retired.