Daily Current Affairs are an important part of the government exam preparation. Candidates can find important current affairs from Edureify, the best AI learning app. You must refer to the weekly as well as monthly current affairs posted on the website for the aid of the students. Read the full section to find more about today’s current affairs.
National Current Affairs
1)Gujarat becomes first Indian state to launch semiconductor policy 2022-27
- The Gujarat government has announced a dedicated ‘Gujarat Semiconductor Policy 2022-27’ with a view to generating at least 2,00,000 new employment opportunities during a period of five years.
- The Gujarat government has also decided to develop a “semicon city” which would be a part of the Dholera Special Investment Region.
- The projects approved under the Design-linked Incentive scheme of the Government of India will not be eligible for availing of the benefits under the new policy, said the state government press release.
2)Chhattisgarh CM launched ‘Mahtari Nyay Rath’ for women rights awareness
- To educate the state’s women about their constitutional rights and laws, the Chhattisgarh Women Commission will host the Mukhyamantri Mahtari Nyay Rath Yatra.
- On the occasion of the Hareli Tihaar festival, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel will set off the “Mukhyamantri Mahtari Nyay Rath“. Through short films, messages, and booklets, the chariots will visit all of the districts to educate people about the legal protections for women and their rights.
International Current Affairs
1)Largest pink diamond in 300 years “Lulo Rose” found in Angola
- A rare pure pink diamond, believed to be the largest found in 300 years, has been unearthed in Angola, a country in Central Africa.
- The Lulo Rose is a type 2a diamond, meaning it has few or no impurities. It is the fifth largest diamond recovered from the Lulo mine – a joint venture between Australia’s Lucapa Diamond Company and the Angolan government.
2)World Ranger Day 2022 is observed globally on 31 July
- The International Ranger Federation established this day to honour the contribution of Park Rangers to the preservation of nature.
- World Ranger Day offers a chance to support their vital work, which ranges from environmental campaigning to education.
1)Coca-Cola signed on Neeraj Chopra for Limca Sportz promotion
- Coca-Cola has signed Olympic gold medalist, Neeraj Chopra for Limca Sportz promotion.
- Recently, Neeraj Chopra has become the first-ever Indian to win a silver medal at World Athletics Championships with his best throw of 88.13 m.
2)Commonwealth Games 2022: Mirabai Chanu wins India’s first gold medal
- Daughter of India, weightlifter Mirabai Chanu has won India’s first Gold Medal at the Commonwealth Games 2022.
- She aggregated a total of 201kg (88kg+113kg) to stamp her authority in the competition and achieve a Commonwealth Games record in the process. The silver went to Mauritius’ Marie Hanitra Roilya Ranaivosoa (172kg) and the bronze to Canada’s Hannah Kaminski (171 kg).
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)India’s first teaching robot, introduced by Indus International School
- As part of a collaborative learning strategy at its schools, Indus International School has launched the innovative and first Teaching Robot in India, the Eagle Robot.
- Three of the Indus Schools have 21 Eagle Robots deployed, with seven in each of Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Pune. Eagle Robot is very interactive, personalises the experience, and emulates emotions through the digital face.
Business and Economy News
1)Parle Still the leading FMCG company in India
- Biscuit brand Parle continued to be the most popular brand among fast-moving consumer goods in India in 2021, topping the rankings for the eleventh year in a row.
- Based on Consumer Reach Points (CRPs), the report assessed the FMCG brands that consumers will choose in 2021. CRP are evaluated based on the actual purchases made by customers and the regularity with which they occur throughout a given year.
2)PM Narendra Modi launches International Bullion Exchange IIBX in GIFT-City
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the ‘India International Bullion Exchange (IIBX)’, at the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) near Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- IIBX is India’s first international bullion exchange. The exchange, which was announced in Budget 2020, will sell physical gold and silver. The exchange will be open for jewellers with a net worth of Rs 25 crore and above to participate.
1)Pranay Kumar Verma named as new High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh
- Pranay Kumar Verma, an experienced diplomat and IFS official from the 1994 batch, has been chosen to serve as India’s next High Commissioner to Bangladesh.
- He is currently the ambassador of India to Vietnam. The Delhi-based Ministry of External Affairs made this announcement
1)DSF institutes “Dinesh Shahra Lifetime Award for Excellence” in Music
- Dinesh Shahra Foundation (DSF) has taken a major stride in its efforts to promote soulful Indian music among the masses.
- The Foundation has instituted a first-of-its-kind ‘Dinesh Shahra Lifetime Award’ for Excellence in Music. The initiative is supported by the Indian Arts & Cultural Society.
This was the wrap up of today’s (01st August, 2022) edition of news.
Also, attempt the daily current affairs quiz and do refer to the previous day’s current affairs in case you have missed the same.