Current affairs sources are diverse in nature and candidates often get confused with the sources. The current affairs can be sought from Edureify, the best AI learning app that provides daily current affairs. The daily current affairs are compiled in the best comprehensive way so that it aids the students in covering the current part without any hussle tussle.
Read on more to know about the complete happenings that took place around our country and the world.
National Current Affairs
1)“HariyaliMahotsav” to be organized by Ministry of Environment
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change will be organizing “Hariyali Mahotsav” on 9th August, 2022 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- The mahotsav is being organized by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in collaboration with the State Governments, Police Institutions and Schools of Delhi for undertaking plantation drives on the occasion.
2)Parshottam Rupala inaugurates India’s first ever Animal Health Summit
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala inaugurating First India Animal Health Summit 2022.
- He called for greater use of Ayurveda for ensuring better animal health. First India Animal Health Summit 2022 was held at NASC Complex, New Delhi understanding the significance of animal health towards the broader objective of the country’s food and nutrition security, rural incomes and prosperity and overall economic development.
3)India’s unemployment rate increase to 7.80 percent, Haryana and Rajasthan at top
- The Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy released a report. According to the figures, the nation’s jobless rate increased to 7.83% in April from 7.60% in March.
- According to the figures issued, the jobless rate in urban areas was higher at 9.22% compared to 8.28% in March. India’s unemployment rate increased to 7.80 percent, with Haryana and Rajasthan at top in list in unemployment rate.
International Current Affairs
1)IMF warns Ukraine’s Economy to Shrink Up to 35% in 2022
- Amid the Russia-Ukraine war, the International Monetary Fund has warned that Ukraine’s economy will shrink up to 35% in 2022.
- The IMF warned Ukraine with an initial assessment, that the loss of life, damage to critical infrastructure, trade disruption, and an outflow of refugees would lead to the gross domestic product failings by a minimum of 10% in 2022.
2)OPEC Secretary-General Mohammad Barkindo passes away
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Secretary-General, Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, passed away.
- Born in April 1959 in northeast Nigeria’s Adamawa state, Barkindo assumed the office of the OPEC Secretary-General in 2016. His tenure was scheduled to expire in July.
Business and Economy News
1)India’s first mobile telematics-based auto insurance introduced by Edelweiss
- In accordance with the Insurance Regulatory and the Development Authority’s (Irdai) Sandbox programme, Edelweiss General Insurance has introduced SWITCH.
- The motor insurance policy SWITCH is entirely digital and telematics-based. Customers will find the app convenient and hassle-free because it immediately activates insurance when the car is driven and senses motion, according to a statement from the insurer.
2)Indian-American Billionaire on Forbes’ List of America’s Richest Self-Made Women
- Indian-American Jayshree Ullal, CEO of Arista Networks, an American computer networking company, and a member of the board of directors of Snowflake.
- She was ranked near the top of 8th annual Forbes’ America’s Richest Self-Made Women, with a net worth of $1.7 billion as of May 2022.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)Indian Navy commissions the first ALH Squadron INAS 324
- In the presence of Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta, Eastern Naval Command, Indian Naval Air Squadron 324 was commissioned into the Indian Navy at INS Dega in Visakhapatnam.
- The squadron is the first naval squadron on the eastern seaboard to use helicopters that were designed and constructed domestically.
1)BCCI has to answer: Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur on Indian cricket’s participation at Asian Games
- Anurag Thakur also said that the dropping of shooting from the 2022 Commonwealth Games is a blow to Indian participation. During 2018 CWG, India won 16 medals in Australia.
- The Asian Games will take place in Hangzhou, China in September. Cricket, to be played in T20 format between September 10 and 25, will be making a return to the Asian Games for the first time since 2014.
1)AAP, TMC’s national ambitions ignore India’s stark diversity. Southern parties know better
- Modern communication technologies can be the potential centripetal force that unify voters across states. AAP has benefitted from this in Punjab.
- Since then, AAP has contested in 554 assembly seats in six states as part of this national expansion endeavour (not including Punjab since it was not a new state for the AAP’s expansion).
1)PT Usha, Ilaiyaraaja among four nominated to Rajya Sabha
- The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has nominated four noted personalities from the southern states to the Rajya Sabha.
- The move is being seen as the BJP’s attempt to make inroads into South India — the party’s final frontier that it still has to conquer. Sports icon PT Usha, music maestro Ilaiyaraaja, spiritual leader Veerendra Heggade, and screenwriter KV Vijayendra Prasad were the four picks of the BJP for the Rajya Sabha.
This was the today’s edition of the daily current affairs and along with this, you can also attend today’s daily current affairs quiz which is available in English and will be helpful for various government exams.