Having a comprehensive knowledge of the daily current affairs is a vital part of the various competitive exams in India. The different competitive exams in India like WBCS, SSC, Railways, Banking, IBPS, and more require their aspirants to be well versed with the trending current affairs to qualify for the exams.
Edureify understands the need for daily current affairs and has therefore curated all the latest news to help students prepare for the exams. Edureify has also dedicated a particular section for the daily current affairs quiz that enable students to quickly learn and recap the trending news.
Read on to know the daily current affairs of 13th July 2022.
Today’s National Current Affairs
- India joins Interpol’s child sexual abuse database as the 68th country to join the force-
- India becomes the 68th country to join Interpol’s International Child Sexual Exploitation (ICSE) database.
- This database will allow to the extraction of information and find links between victims, abusers, and crime scenes with the help of audio-visual data.
- India’s nodal agency for Interpol matters CBI has joined the database.
- Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela commences in India-
- On 11th July 2022, the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela began in India.
- The mela is a part of the Prime Minister’s Skills India Mission that is organized by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The festival featured 36 sectors along with 1000 companies and 500 distinct trades.
- The festival was celebrated across 200-plus locations.
- Deoghar Airport inaugurated in Jharkhand by PM Modi-
- On 12th July 2022, the Deoghar Airport was inaugurated in Jharkhand by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The new airport has been constructed with a total cost of Rs 401 crore.
- The revamped Baba Baidyanathdham temple area has also been inaugurated under the Prasad scheme of the Ministry of Tourism.
- PM Modi also launched 13 development projects and laid the foundation stones for 12 development schemes that are worth over Rs 16000 crore.
- PM Modi is to attend the first I2U2 leaders Virtual Summit-
- On 14th July 2022 PM, Modi is to attend the first India-Israel- UAE-USA leaders’ Virtual Summit.
- President of USA Joseph R. Biden, PM of Israel Yair Lapid, and President of UAE Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be in attendance at the summit.
International Current Affairs
- The Twitter deal worth $44 Billion gets terminated by Tesla CEO Elon Musk-
- Twitter has hired a top law firm to take legal actions against SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk for terminating the deal worth $44 Billion.
- The Tesla CEO decided to terminate the deal due to multiple breaches in the agreement.
- Musk might be charged $1 Billion for breaking the deal.
- Japan’s ruling party records a significant victory in the legislative vote-
- In Japan’s parliamentary election the ruling party and its coalition partner have achieved a significant victory.
- The Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) along with its minor coalition partner Komeito have increased their combined shared seat to 146 in the 248-seat chamber.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
- The first full-color image captured by the James Telescope is released by NASA-
- On July 11 2022 the first full-color image of NASA’s James Telescope was released.
- The image provides an insight into what the early Universe looked like.
- The image goes back to 13 billion years providing the clearest image to date of the early universe.
Sports Current Affairs
- 94-year-old Bhagwani Devi won the gold medal in the 100-meter sprint in Finland-
- The 94-year-old Bhagwani Devi Dagar won the gold medal in the 100-meter sprint at the World Masters Athletic Championship in Tampere, Finland.
- Bhagwani Devi bagged her win within 24.74 seconds.
- She also won the bronze in shot-put.
- Gijon Chess Masters won by India’s D. Gukesh-
- Gukesh of India won the Gijon Chess Masters with eight out of nine points.
- Brazil’s Alexandr Fier came second.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs
- 12th July is observed as International Malala Day-
- On the occasion of the young activist Malala Yousafzai’s birthday, 12th July is observed as International Malala Day.
Here was the daily current affairs of 13th July 2022.
Read the daily current affairs of 12th July 2022 here.
Want to read the pdf of the daily current affairs of 12th July 2022? Download the pdf here.