Current affairs are an important part of every government exam for which you appear today. Some of the exams such as SSC, Banking, RRB, WBCS, etc. highly focus on current affairs and also keep a great weightage on the question paper. Thus, it becomes necessary to be in touch with national and international affairs daily. Eduriefy brings to you today’s edition of the important events happening in and around the world.
Read more to know about today’s i.e. 22nd June 2022 Current affairs.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 22-June-2022 pdf
National Current Affairs
1)To end illegal mining, Madhya Pradesh plans to make it legal in parts of the Chambal sanctuary
- To free its forest department from devoting too much time, resources, and efforts to fighting illegal mining in the National Chambal Sanctuary, the Madhya Pradesh government has proposed to open 292 hectares for mining in five stretches on Chambal and its tributary Parvati rivers.
- Sand mining has been banned in the sanctuary since 2006.
2)Karnataka govt To end illegal mining, Madhya Pradesh plans to make it legal in parts of Chambal sanctuary
- The Karnataka government has launched ‘The Farmer Registration & Unified Beneficiary Information System’ or FRUITS software for Aadhar-based, single-window registration for the schemes.
- FRUITS software will facilitate single registration using an Aadhar card and Karnataka’s Bhoomi digitized land record system for authenticating ownership.
3)38th India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol Conducted in the Andaman Sea.
- The 38th India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy Units of Andaman & Nicobar Command (ANC) and the Indonesian Navy is being conducted from June 23 to 24 2022 in the Andaman Sea and Straits of Malacca.
- The 38th CORPAT is the first post-pandemic Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) between the two countries. It includes a visit by the Indonesian Navy units to ANC at Port Blair from June 23 to 25, 2022 followed by a Sea Phase in the Andaman Sea and a visit by IN Units to Sabang (Indonesia) from June 23 to 24, 2022
4)SRS Data: India’s life expectancy rose to 69.7
- According to data from the sample registration system (SRS), India’s life expectancy at birth has reached 69.7 since 2019. Data was released by the demographic survey.
- Contents Key Findings:- Life expectancy at birth oral and Urban Divide Key Findings India’s life expectancy at birth has reached up after 10 years. However, it is still below the global average.
5)The second edition of the National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment 2021 was released recently.
- Among the North-East and Hill States, Meghalaya and Nagaland are the leading State Portals with an overall compliance of more than 90% across all assessment parameters.
- Among Union Territories, Jammu & Kashmir ranked the highest with an overall compliance of nearly 90%.
- Among the Remaining States, Kerala, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Karnataka, and Uttar Pradesh had a compliance of more than 85%.
International Current Affairs
1)China proposed a plan to launch a solar power plant in space, to get inexhaustible power in 2028.
- China had planned to establish a solar power station of 1-megawatt capacity, in space by 2030.
- However, according to the updated plan, China will launch a satellite in 2028.
- This satellite will test wireless power transmission technology from space to the ground, from the height of 400 km.
- It will convert solar energy to microwaves or lasers.
- Using the lasers, energy beams will be directed to various targets, including the moving satellites and fixed locations on the Earth.
2)Australia appointed an “Assistant Minister for The Republic”, in a move towards ending the leadership of Queen Elizabeth II.
- This move triggered a fresh wave of speculation, that the British monarch will no longer be considered the head of the state.
- Newly-elected Prime Minister of Australia, Anthony Albanese, appointed 51-year-old Sydney MP Matt Thistlethwaite for this position.
- The move was announced after PM Albanese called Australia becoming a republic “inevitable”.
- He had also promised a referendum on giving Aboriginal Australians an institutional role in policymaking.
Business and Economy News
1)Omni Card becomes 1st RBI licensed PPI to launch cash withdrawal across all ATMs PAN India.
- Payment solution provider, OmniCard has announced that it became the 1st RBI licensed PPI (prepaid payment instrument) to launch cash withdrawal using a RuPay-powered card from any ATMs across.
- Payment solution provider OmniCard has announced that it became the 1st RBI licensed PPI (prepaid payment instrument) to launch cash withdrawal using a RuPay-powered card from any ATMs across the country.
- The move came in after RBI permitted the non-bank licensed entities to enable cash withdrawals from the digital wallets.
2)Retail inflation for June matches estimates at 7.04%.
- According to data released by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, India’s headline retail inflation rate eased to 7.04 percent in June from April’s near-eight-year high of 7.79 percent thanks to a favorable base effect.
- The fall in inflation in May is unlikely to do much to slow down the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) rate hike cycle. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) based inflation was 7.79 percent in April. In May 2021, retail inflation stood at 6.3 percent.
1)Max Verstappen won the Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen won the Azerbaijan Formula One Grand Prix 2022 (his fifth victory of the season). In the process, Verstappen became the most successful driver in the Red Bull of all time.
- Red Bull’s Sergio Perez came second and Mercedes’ George Russell came at the third spot.
1)Rahul Gandhi’s ED Date on Day 5 Ends After Almost 12 Hours, Summoned Again on Wednesday.
- After being stationed at the office of the Enforcement Directorate for close to 12 hours on the second day of his questioning on Tuesday, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has been summoned once again on Wednesday to depose in connection with the National Herald money-laundering probe.
- The senior Congress leader was grilled for over 10 hours on the first day on Monday.
2)Presidential Polls: Day Before Big Opposition Meet, Mamata Meets NCP Chief Sharad Pawar in Delhi.
- The day before the big opposition meeting, West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee met NCP supremo Sharad Pawar on Tuesday for a discussion over the presidential elections.
- She was likely there to convince the veteran leader to be the joint opposition nominee for the polls next month.
1)UNGA: India-sponsored Resolution on Multilingualism
- On June 10, 2022, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted an India-led resolution on multilingualism mentioning the Hindi language for the first time.
- This resolution encourages the United Nations to continue disseminating important communications and messages in official and non-official languages, including Hindi.
This was today’s(22nd June 2022) edition of current affairs.
You can also download the pdf of the current affairs covered on 21st June 2022. Download the pdf now.