Daily Current Affairs are an important part of the government exam preparation. Candidates can find important current affairs from Edureify, the best AI learning app. You must refer to the weekly as well as monthly current affairs posted on the website for the aid of the students. Read on the full section to find more about the today’s current affairs.
National Current Affairs
1)Kerala will start taking steps to ensure every citizen fully digitally literate
- CM Pinarayi Vijayan while addressing a school programme in Thiruvananthapuram explained the campaign aims to educate people about the dangers and traps online.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan while addressing a school programme in Thiruvananthapuram explained that the campaign aims to educate people, particularly youngsters, about the dangers and traps online.
2)Indian Army received locally developed QRFV from Tata Advanced Systems
- Tata Advanced Systems successfully delivered the locally developed QRFV to the Indian Army. The contract to provide QRFV-Med vehicles to the Indian Army was successfully completed.
- These armoured vehicles will increase the nation’s protector’s ability to fight in all weather and terrain situations and will offer protection while moving.
3)Professor Kaushik Rajashekara won Global Energy Prize 2022
- Indian-origin professor of engineering at the University of Houston, Kaushik Rajashekara has won the prestigious Global Energy Prize.
- Rajashekara was given the award in the New Ways of Energy Applications category for his contributions to transportation electrification and energy efficiency technologies while reducing power generation emissions.
International Current Affairs
1)Russia decides to leave the International Space Station after 2024
- President Vladimir Putin was informed by the newly appointed head of Moscow’s space agency that Russia has made the decision to leave the International Space Station after 2024.
- The declaration comes amid heightened hostilities between Moscow and the West over Moscow’s military action in Ukraine and several rounds of previously unheard-of sanctions against Russia.
2)Bajram Begaj takes the oath as Albania’s President
- The ninth President of Albania, Bajram Begaj, a retired military commander and politician, took the oath of office here in Parliament.
- The 55-year-old President said in his first speech before parliamentarians that he will support and respect both the work of the government and the opposition, advocating for cooperation between political parties rather than conflict.
3)Wasifa Nazreen: First Bangladeshi to climb K2, second-highest peak in the world
- Mountaineer Wasifa Nazreen became the first person from Bangladesh to ascend Pakistan’s administered K2, the second-highest mountain peak.
- She scaled the K2 mountain peak, which is 8611 metres (28,251 ft) high, and then descended to the base camp. When a climber descends from the mountain and returns to base camp, the summit is said to have been reached.
Business and Economy News
1)RBI approves Piramal Enterprises’ establishment of NBFC
- RBI has given the organisation permission to begin conducting business as an NBFC to Piramal Enterprises. The licence is required to start an NBFC that does not accept public deposits.
- The licence is required to start an NBFC that does not accept public deposits. RBI has granted the company a certificate of registration allowing it to start operating as a non-banking financial institution without taking deposits from the general public.
2)Canara Bank launched its mobile app named “Canara ai1”
- Canara Bank has launched “Canara ai1”, its mobile banking app. The banking app would be a one-stop solution with more than 250 features to cater to the banking needs of its customers.
- It is aimed to eliminate the need to have multiple mobile apps working in silos for availing of different specific services. The app is available in 11 languages to cater to multiple sections of society in their preferred language.
Sports Current Affairs
1)AR Rahman unveils anthem ‘Vanakkam Chennai’ for 44th International Chess Olympiad
- Grammy and Oscar-winning music composer AR Rahman has come up with the ‘Vanakkam Chennai’ (Welcome Anthem) for the upcoming International Chess Olympiad, 2022.
- Directed by Vignesh Shivan, the music video features chief minister MK Stalin, grandmaster Vishwanathan Anand, and music maestro AR Rahman, who has composed and sung the theme song.
1)I will not join any other political party: Yashwant Sinha
- Sinha was the joint nominee of non-BJP parties, including the Congress and the TMC.
- NDA candidate Droupadi Murmu, who won the presidential poll, took oath as the 15th President of India on Monday.
- Asked if he is in touch with the TMC leadership, Sinha replied in the negative.
1)Center modifies Flag Code of India 2002 to permit tricolour to be displayed constantly
- If the national flag is flown in the open and is raised by a member of the public, it may now fly through the night. The Flag Code of India 2002 was revised by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The Flag Code of India 2002 was revised by the Ministry of Home Affairs to permit the flying of the national flag even at night as the federal government begins its Har Ghar Tiranga campaign. The flag could previously only be flown between sunrise and dusk.
This is the wrap up of today’s edition of daily current affairs.
You can also read the previous day i.e. 27th July, 2022 current affairs from here.