Current Affairs are an important part of the general awareness. General awareness can be easily covered from the newspapers, but there is many important news which we miss either out of lack of sources or due to lack of information. Edureify, the best AI learning app brings the gist of the daily current affairs which covers important news from National to the International level.
Read today’s daily current affairs covered by Eduriefy.
1)Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurates Fifth Global Film Tourism Conclave
- At Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach in Mumbai, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Union Minister for Minority Affairs, officially inaugurated the fifth Global Film Tourism Conclave.
- In collaboration with the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) organised the fifth GFTC with the subject “Unleashing the Power of Cinematic Tourism.”
2)Govt revamps Banks Board into Financial Services Institutions Bureau
- There government has transformed the Banks Board Bureau (BBB), the headhunter for directors of state-owned banks and financial institutions, into Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB).
- Guidelines for selection of general managers and directors of public sector general insurance companies have been made part of FSIB.
3)BESCOM develops ‘EV Mitra’ mobile app
- The Bengaluru Electricity Company BESCOM has developed the EV Mitra mobile app to provide information about EV charging stations in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The information on charges in each station for the electric vehicles to recharge are also mentioned in the app. The user-friendly app can be used by electric vehicle users to book in advance a slot in the station.
4)Indian Army Organises Suraksha Manthan-2022
- The Desert Corps of the Indian Army organised the “Suraksha Manthan 2022”, on aspects of Border & Coastal Security at Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
- During the course of the discussions, aspects of interoperability, operational cohesion and logistics were ironed out in order to enhance overall security along the International Boundary (IB) and coastal sectors.
International Current Affairs
1)Yair Lapid takes over as 14th Prime Minister of Israel
- Leader of Yesh Atid Party, Yair Lapid has officially became the 14th prime minister of Israel, after replacing Naftali Benett.
- He is a former journalist who serving as PM of Israel since 1 July 2022. Yair Lapid’s term could be the short one as he take over the caretaker government ahead of Israel’s election which was scheduled to take place on November 1.
2)QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2023: Mumbai tops in India
- According to the QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2023, released by global higher education consultancy Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), Mumbai ranked at 103 has emerged as India’s highest-ranked student city.
- London (UK) has topped the list ranked 1 followed by Munich (Germany) and Seoul (South Korea) ranked 2nd and Zurich (Switzerland) ranked 4th.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)NTPC Commissions India’s largest floating solar power project in Telangana
- NTPC Ltd has declared the Commercial Operations Date (COD) of the last part capacity of 20 MW out of 100 MW Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project in Telangana.
- Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project is India’s largest Floating Solar Plant commissioned by NTPC. Now the total commercial operation of Floating Solar Capacity in Southern Region has reached 217 MW.
Business and Economy News
1)Star Health and IDFC FIRST Bank joined together to offer Bancassurance
- For the distribution of its health insurance options, the insurer and IDFC FIRST Bank have inked a corporate agency agreement with a focus on going digital.
- In accordance with this strategic partnership, Star Health and Allied Insurance Company will use IDFC FIRST Bank‘s cutting-edge digital platform and extensive distribution network to offer its best-in-class health insurance products to the Bank’s customers.
2)Axis Bank and EazyDiner collaborate to introduce Dining Delights
- Axis Bank, a private lender, has announced the introduction of Dining Delights for bank clients in collaboration with EazyDiner, a top platform for restaurants.
- Numerous advantages will be provided by the service, including the ability to select from over 10,000 upscale restaurants in India and Dubai, fast confirmation of table bookings, and special discounts for reservations made through the EazyDiner app.
1)Jasprit Bumrah breaks Lara’s world record smashes Broad for 29 runs
- India captain Jasprit Bumrah bludgeoned a hapless Stuart Broad for 29 runs to create a world record.
- The world record stayed with Lara for 18 years, he had hit South African left-arm spinner Robin Peterson for 28 runs in a Test match in 2003-04, which included four fours and two sixes off six legal deliveries.
1)BJP National Executive Resolution Hails ‘Historic’ SC Clean Chit for Modi, Slams Cong’s ‘Negative Politics
- The Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday in its political resolution at its national executive meeting highlighted the “historic” Supreme Court judgement clearing Narendra Modi.
- In the Gujarat riots of 2002 and demanded an apology from the Congress while also slamming the party for “negative politics”, and cited development as a reason for its decision to support Eknath Shinde as the chief minister in Maharashtra.
1)International Plastic Bag Free Day 2022: 29th July
- The International Plastic Bag Free Day is held on July 29th around the world to spread awareness that a plastic bag free world.
- 2022 is the 13th edition of the celebrations. The day is an initiative by Bag Free World for the purpose of getting rid of the single-use of plastic bags around the world and promoting environmental conservation by encouraging us all to stay away from the use of plastic bags and instead look for more eco-friendly alternatives.
This is the wrap up of daily current affairs and along with you can also attempt the daily current affair quiz.
Don’t worry if you missed the previous day’s news. Cover the daily current affairs of 28th July,2022.