Current affairs form an important part of government exam preparation such as WBCS, SBI, RRB, RBI, etc. The wide sources available confuse the candidates a lot these days. So, it’s necessary to find a constant source of current affairs in any exam preparation. Edureify, the best AI learning app brings you the best daily current affairs which are compiled from the best newspapers and other sources.
Read the daily current affairs and score high in the current affairs section easily. You can also refer to the weekly news.
Download the Daily current affairs 6-July-2022 Pdf.
National Current Affairs
1)The renowned Shiromani Award was presented to Michelle Poonawalla.
- For her contributions to the arts, Michelle Poonawalla was given the Shiromani Award at the NRI World Summit 2022 in the UK.
- The Shiromani Award was given to Rita Hinduja Chhabria, Lord Rami Ranger, and Shri Sadhu Bhramvihari in addition to Poonawalla.
2)After the Center modifies the FCRA, people can receive R. 10 lakh without informing the authorities.
- Thanks to changes made to the FCRA by the Home Ministry, Indians can receive up to Rs. 10 lakh annually from relatives who live abroad without disclosing it to the authorities.
- The old limit was Rs. 1 lakh. In addition, the home ministry noted in a notification that instead of 30 days, the public would now have 90 days to alert the government if the amount exceeded. The home ministry released the new rules in the gazette under the name Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Amendment Rules, 2022.
3)PokerBaazi appointed Shahid Kapoor as its brand ambassador
- PokerBaazi.com, a poker platform, has onboarded actor Shahid Kapoor as its brand ambassador.
- PokerBaazi.com has launched its new brand campaign ‘You Hold the Cards’ featuring brand ambassador, actor Shahid Kapoor. The company said this association with the actor comes in line with its commitment to popularise and create awareness amongst the masses about poker.
International Current Affairs
1)Visionary Peter Brook, a British theatre director, passes away
- Peter Brook, one of the most creative theatre directors in history, passed away at the age of 97. He was known for staging potent dramas in unlikely settings.
- The British director mounted productions ranging from challenging versions of Shakespeare through international opera to Hindu epic poems. He brought a stunning nine-hour adaptation of the Sanskrit epic “The Mahabharata” from France to New York in 1987.
2)UK Parliament honors Tanuja Nesari with the Ayurveda Ratna award
- Tanuja Nesari, Director of All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) was awarded the Ayurveda Ratna Award by the UK Parliament.
- The UK’s All-Party Parliamentary Group on Indian Traditional Sciences (ITSappg) conferred the award recognizing her contribution to promoting the growth of Ayurveda in India and abroad.
1)Former India goalkeeper EN Sudhir passes away
- Former India international EN Sudhir, who played as a goalkeeper for India in the 1970s, died.
- Sudhir, who made his international debut against Indonesia in Rangoon (currently Yangon) in the Olympic qualifiers in 1972, represented India in 9 matches. He was also part of the national team in the 1973 Merdeka Cup and the Asian Games squad in 1974.
2)Carlos Sainz won the British Grand Prix Title 2022
- Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz registered his first Formula One win at British Grand Prix 2022.
- Carlos Sainz claimed his first Formula One victory in his 150th race.
Business and Economy News
1)Interoperability of card tokens across payment channels introduced by Cashfree
Cashfree Payments, a facilitator of online payments, declared that their card tokenization solution, Token Vault, will support interoperability.
- Businesses that utilize several payment gateways can benefit from Token Vault‘s interoperability functionality, which enables them to process tokenized card transactions through any payment gateway and card network of their choice.
2)Start-up ranking 2021: Gujarat and Karnataka emerge as best performers
- Gujarat and Karnataka emerged the “best performers” in the third edition of States’ Start-up ranking, 2021, while Meghalaya bagged the top honor among Northeastern (NE) states.
- In the second edition of the survey, which was conducted in 2020, Gujarat was the best performer.
1)Maharashtra Govt Formation LIVE Updates: Cabinet Expansion Soon, Says Dy CM; Shinde Says PM, Shah Assured Support for State’s Growth
- A day after the Eknath Shinde-led Maharashtra government won the trust vote in the Assembly, Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said the state cabinet expansion will be done soon.
1)Navodaya Recruitment 2022 registration begins today for Post Graduate Teachers and others on navodaya.gov.in
- Navodaya Recruitment 2022 released a notification inviting candidates for the post of Principal, Post Graduate Teachers, and Miscellaneous Category of Teachers in Navodaya Vidyalaya Samitis. The registration process begins today, July 2, 2022, on navodaya.gov.in.
This was the wrap-up of today’s daily current affairs. Also, solve the daily current affairs quiz.
Make sure you don’t miss the daily current affairs of 05th July 2022.