The various competitive government exams in India require their candidates to be well prepared with various topics like Qualitative and Quantitative Reasoning, and daily current affairs. Various exams like WBCS, SSC, Railways, Banking, IBPS, and more test their candidates on their daily current affairs knowledge.
Edureify, the best AI Learning App understands the need for daily current affairs and has dedicated a particular section to help candidates prepare for the same. Candidates can practice daily current affairs quizzes with Edureify and improve their general awareness knowledge.
Read on to know the daily current affairs of 12th July 2022.
Today’s National Current Affairs
1. IS4OM to be launched by Union Minister Jitendra Singh-
- India has increased its ability to safeguard its space assets on its own with the help of the ISRO System for Safe and Sustainable Space Operation and Management (IS4OM).
- The IS4OM will be launched in the presence of Mr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences along with Mr. S Somnath, the Secretary of the Department of Space and Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organization.
2. The National Internet Exchange of India launches Internet Exchange in Durgapur and Bardhaman-
- Two Internet Exchange Points at Durgapur and Bardhaman have been inaugurated by Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
- Member of Parliament for Bardhaman-Durgapur Lok Sabha S. S. Ahluwalia was also present during the inauguration of the points.
- The launch of the points has been made keeping in mind Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India vision.
- The launch is under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) 1000-day plan.
3. ‘Statue of Peace’ of Swamy Ramanujacharya virtually unveiled by Amit Shah-
- Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled the ‘Statue of Peace’ of Swamy Ramanujacharya virtually.
- The statue is located in the Sonwar Region, Srinagar.
4. PM Narendra Modi launched the Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam to execute the NEP 2020-
- The Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam was launched by PM Narendra Modi on the National Education Policy in Varanasi.
- PM Modi addressed the audience saying ‘our education system and young generation carry a large role of realizing the vows of the “Amrit Kaal”’.
- The Akshay Patra Midday Meal Kitchen was also launched by PM Modi earlier that day at LT College.
5. The National Emblem is unveiled on the roof of the Parliament by PM Modi-
- On 11th July 2022, the National Emblem cast was unveiled by PM Modi on the roof of the new Parliament building.
- The Emblem is made of bronze and weighs 9500 kilograms.
- It is 6.5m in height.
International Current Affairs
1. PM Ranil Wickremesinghe of Sri Lanka announces his resignation-
- An all-party government takeover is to take place after Ranil Wickremesinghe announced his resignation as the PM of Sri Lanka.
- The resignation will take place after an all-party government is established and the majority is secured in Parliament.
2. United Kingdom President Boris Johnson announces his resignation-
- Boris Johnson announces his resignation as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and as the leader of the Conservative Party.
- The Conservative Party conference is scheduled in October and Johnson will be in power at 10 Downing Street till then.
Finance and Economy Current Affairs
1. Corporate Agency agreement signed by City Union Bank and Shriram General Insurance-
- The City Union Bank and Shriram General Insurance have signed a corporate agency agreement.
- Through the 727 branches of the City Union Bank across India, the Bank will distribute the agency’s insurance policy.
- According to the agreement, the insurance company will provide a set of personal lines of insurance products along with commercial lines of insurance products.
2. Metaverse virtual lounge and Open Banking Sandbox launched by the Union Bank-
- In association with Tech Mahindra, the Union Bank of India has introduced a Metaverse Virtual Lounge and Open Banking Sandbox environment.
- The new introduction is being made to improve the banking experience of the consumers.
- Initially, the Metaverse will host movies and information on the bank’s various programs.
Sports Current Affairs-
1. Novak Djokovic wins the seventh Wimbledon’s men title-
- Novak Djokovic wins his seventh Wimbledon men’s title and the 21st Grand Slam Crown against Nick Kyrgios.
- Djokovic sealed his win with a four-set triumph over Nick Kyrgios.
2. The Austrian Grand Prix 2022 is bagged by Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc-
- Charles Leclerc of Ferrari wins the Austrian Grand Prix 2022.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen came in second place with Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton in third place.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs-
1. 11th July is observed as World Population Day-
- The World Population Day is observed annually on 11th
- The day is observed to raise awareness about the consequences of the increasing population.
- The day was first observed in 1989 by the Governing Council of the UN Development.
- This year the theme of the day was “A World of 8 Billion: Towards a resilient future for all- Harnessing opportunities and ensuring rights and choices for all”.
2. BK Syngal, ‘Father of Internet’ passes away-
- Former Chairman of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (VSNL) Brijendra K Syngal passes away.
- The man was 82 and was known as the ‘Father of the Internet’.
Here was the daily current affairs of 12th July 2022.