Competitive government exams in India require their candidates to be well aware of the daily current affairs. WBCS, SSC, Railways, Banking, and more such competitive exams have daily current affairs as an important section in their exam.
Edureify understands the need for daily current affairs and has therefore brought all the latest news and daily current affairs for the candidates.
Read on to know the daily current affairs of 25th May 2022.
Today’s National Current Affairs
1. ‘Sambhav’ portal launched by UP for disposal of public grievances related to energy-
- Systematic Administration Mechanism for Bringing Happiness and Value, SAMBHAV portal is launched by Arvind Sharma, the Minister for energy and urban development.
- The public portal is launched with the aim of providing a platform for public grievances and monitoring programs and schemes of two departments in Uttar Pradesh.
2. Project WARDEC AI-Powered Wargame Center launched by India-
- The establishment of a Wargame Research and Development Center in New Delhi is decided by the Army Training Command and Gandhinagar-based Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU).
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is signed and the project is titled ‘WARDEC’.
- The project will be India’s first simulation-based training center that will use artificial intelligence to create a virtual reality Wargame.
3. Uttarakhand becomes the 1st Indian state to roll out drones in the healthcare sector-
- The Redcliffe Labs, a unit of the Redcliffe Lifetech in the U.S., has provided the first commercial drone flights in the country.
- Uttarakhand becomes the 1st state to have drones in the healthcare sector and the route is from Uttarkashi and Dehradun.
International Current Affairs
1. Investment Incentive Agreement Signed between India and USA in Tokyo-
- On 23rd May 2022, India and the United Nations of America signed an Investment Incentive Agreement in Tokyo.
- Vinay Kwatra, India’s Foreign Secretary, and Scott Nathan, Chief Executive Officer of US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) have signed the agreement.
- The new agreement supersedes another similar pact signed between the governments in 1997.
2. Quarantine for Monkeypox patients made compulsory in Belgium-
- Belgium becomes the first country to mandate quarantine for Monkeypox patients.
- The 21-days quarantine period is to be compulsory for the Monkeypox patients after the country reported four cases of the disease.
Business and Finance News
1. The US Indo-Pacific economic plan joined by India-
- To launch the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF), India joins other nations in this initiative of the US to counter China’s aggressive expansion in the region.
- Australia, Brunei, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam are the members who jointly account for 40% of the Global GDP.
Sports Current Affairs
1. Haryana wins the Hockey India Sub-Junior Championship after beating Jharkhand-
- The Haryana Women’s Hockey team won the India Sub-Junior Championship after defeating the Jharkhand’s Women’s team in Imphal on 22nd May 2022.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs
1. Karnataka to observe International Day of Yoga on June 21st, 2022-
- The 8th International Day of Yoga (IDY) at Mysuru City is to be observed on June 21st, 2022, confirmed the Union Ministry of Ayush.
Here were the daily current affairs of 25th May 2022.
Read the daily current affairs of 23rd May 2022 here.
Want to read the pdf of the daily current affairs of 23rd May 2022? Download the pdf of the Daily Current Affairs of 23rd May 2022 here.