Being updated with the daily current affairs is a very important aspect of life. Daily current affairs and general awareness are vital parts of the syllabus of the various competitive exams in India. WBCS, SSC, Railways, Banking, IBPS, and more such exams require their candidates to have a stronghold on the latest and trending news.
Edureify aims to provide its students with all the materials they require to have a strong preparation for their exams. Daily current affairs are also one of the things that Edureify focuses on to better aid the students.
Read on to know the daily current affairs of 26th May 2022.
Today’s National Current Affair-
1. The ABHA Smartphone App upgraded by the National Health Authority-
- The National Health Authority has introduced a revised Ayushman Bharat Health Account in the ABHA mobile application which is a part of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- Earlier known as the NDHM Health Records App, the ABHA app has a new user interface and functions that enable users to view their health records from anywhere at any time.
2. MoUs with 23 companies worth Rs. 30,000 crores in Davos signed by Maharashtra-
- The Maharashtra government signed a memorandum of understanding worth Rs. 30,000 crore during the present World Economic Forum annual meet in Davos, Switzerland.
- Among the 23 MoUs signed for investment it includes pharmaceuticals, medical devices, information technology, data centers, textiles, food processing, packaging, paper and pulp, and steel.
- Subhash Desai, the State Industries Minister said that the investment will result in the creation of 66,000 employment in the state.
3. Swacch Survekshan 2023 launched by MoH&UA-
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoH&UA) launched the 8th edition of Swacch Survekshan 2023 on 24th May 2022.
- The launch is under the Swacch Bharat Mission Urban 2.0, an annual cleanliness survey, and this time the theme is “Waste to Wealth”.
International Current Affairs
1. The third edition of the bilateral exercise Bongosagar commences-
- The bilateral exercise Bongosagar of the Indian Navy and Bangladesh navy begins its third edition at Port Mangla on 24th May 2022.
- The exercise has first scheduled the Harbor Phase that is to take place from 24th-25th May which is to be followed by the Sea Phase in the Northern Bay of Bengal from 26th-27th May.
- The participating Indian Naval Ships are Kora and Sumedha.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1. The Indian Air Force ranks third on the World Air Power Index-
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) ranks third on the World Air Power Index in terms of its caliber of fighting strength of different countries’ air force services.
- According to the world directory of modern military aircraft (WDMMA) 2022 report, the IAF is placed third in the Global Air Power Rankings.
Business and Economy Current Affairs
1. Apple Inc. is overtaken by Saudi Aramco becoming the most valuable company in the world-
- The oil giant Saudi Aramco has surpassed Apple Inc. and is now the most valuable company in the world because of the recent hike in oil prices.
- The market capitalization of Aramco is about USD 2.43 Trillion, surpassing Apple for the first time since 2020.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs
1. 25th May observed as International Missing Children’s Day-
- To raise awareness, every year 25th of May is observed as International Missing Children’s Day.
- The aim behind the day is to highlight the issues of child abduction, educate parents on safety measures to protect their children and honor those who have never been found, and celebrate those who have been found.
- The event is run jointly with the Global Missing Children’s Network.
Here were the daily current affairs of 26th May 2022.
Read the daily current affairs of 25th May 2022 here.
Want to read the pdf of the daily current affairs of 25th May 2022? Download the pdf of the Daily Current Affairs of 25th May 2022 here.