The Joint Entrance Exam, JEE is one of the most applied competitive exams in India. Fresh pass-outs of Class 12 and other eligible candidates apply for JEE to secure their future in one of the top engineering colleges in India.
The JEE syllabus is quite vast and aspirants need to invest in a strategic plan to cover the important parts of the syllabus. In this article, Edureify brings to all the important chapters of Chemistry, one of the vital subjects of JEE Mains. But before giving the details of the particular subject, here are some important dates related to JEE Mains 2022.
|JEE Main 2022 Application Date||1st March- 18th April 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 Registration Date||5th April-25th April 2022|
|Application Correction||6th April- 8th April|
|Intimation of exam city to candidates||To be Notified|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd Week of June|
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Date||June 20-29 2022|
|Display of Answer Key||To be Notified|
|Declaration of Result||To be Notified|
Chemistry Important Chapters of JEE Mains 2022
Before giving the details of the particular chapters, here are the sections of Chemistry and their individual weightage-
- Physical Chemistry- 29%
- Inorganic Chemistry- 34%
- Organic Chemistry- 37%
Following is the list of chapter-wise important topics for JEE Mains 2022-
- General organic chemistry
- Coordination compounds
- Chemical bonding and Molecular Structure
- d and f block elements
- Structure of atom
- General principles and processes of isolation of Metals
- Thermodynamics (C)
- Chemical Kinetics
- Some basic concepts of chemistry
- Aldehydes and ketones
- Environmental chemistry
- Alcohols phenols and ethers
- p block elements (group 15, 16 17, and 18)
- s block elements
- Surface chemistry
- Redox reactions
For more important topics and study materials related to Chemistry, download Edureify, the best AI Learning App.
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Ionic equilibrium
- Solid states
- Chemical equilibrium
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Carboxylic acid derivatives
- States of matters
- p block elements (group 13 and 14)
- Practical chemistry
Here was the list of important chapters of Chemistry for JEE Mains 2022. Edureify has particular sections for IIT-JEE and Chemistry from where aspirants and students can learn important chapters, practice mock tests, and quizzes, and learn from flashcards. With the date for JEE Mains 2022 approaching soon, we hope students can study and prepare well with Edureify.
For more information regarding JEE Advanced dates and syllabus regarding the same read our article JEE Advanced Dates Revised: Read Complete Information.
Some FAQs regarding Chemistry for JEE Mains 2022-
1. What are the three main sections of Chemistry and their weightage for JEE Mains?
The three main sections of Chemistry and their weightage for JEE Mains are as follows-
o Physical Chemistry- 29%
o Inorganic Chemistry- 34%
o Organic Chemistry- 37%
2. Which chapters of Chemistry can be considered the top priorities for JEE Mains?
o General organic chemistry
o Coordination compounds
o Chemical bonding and Molecular Structure
3. When is the JEE Mains 2022 Exam?
The JEE Mains Exam date is from 20th -29th June 2022.
4. Who is the conducting body of JEE Mains exam?
National Test Agency, NTA is the conducting body of the JEE exam.
5. Where can I get all the study materials for Chemistry for JEE Mains exam?
Edureify! Edureify has all the important study materials and practices sections, particularly for Chemistry and IIT-JEE that will enable aspirants to have a strong preparation for the JEE exam.