General Awareness has been an important part of every competitive examination. Exams such as SSC, Banking, RRB, WBCS, etc. have a great weightage of current affairs in the examination. Eduriefy has compiled the best and the most important current affairs from which we can expect certain questions in the examination. This will help you in forming a continuous chain of ideas regarding the important happenings at domestic and international levels.
Read more to know about today’s i.e. 27th June 2022 Current affairs.
Download to read the daily current affairs now. Today’s 27-June-2022 Current Affairs Pdf
National Current Affairs
1)Scholarship for PM CARE children: Details and Objectives
The scholarship for PM CARE children launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The PM CARE Children’s scheme has launched on 29th May 2021 by the honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This initiative was started in February 2020 to provide financial assistance and support to children who have lost both their parents or legal guardians or adoptive parents or surviving parents due to the covid-19 pandemic.
- The department of social justice and empowerment and the ministry of social justice and empowerment together have decided to provide scholarship assistance to such children who have lost their both parents and are legal guardians due to covid-19. This initiative was taken so that the children can continue with their education without any hindrance. A new scheme called “Scholarship for PM CARE children” is the central sector scheme.
2)S.S. Mundra appointed as chairman of BSE
- S.S. Mundra, a public interest director led the world’s largest stock exchange, according to the BSE. Justice Vikramajit Sen will be replaced by Mr. Mundra.
- After serving for three years, Mr. Mundra left his position as Reserve Bank of India’s Deputy Governor in July 2017. Before that, he held the positions of Chairman and Managing Director at Bank of Baroda, until he retired in July 2014.
3)SRS Data: India’s life expectancy rose to 69.7
- According to data from the sample registration system (SRS), India’s life expectancy at birth has reached 69.7 since 2019. Data was released by the demographic survey.
- Contents Key Findings:- Life expectancy at birth oral and Urban Divide Key Findings India’s life expectancy at birth has reached up after 10 years. However, it is still below the global average.
4)The second edition of the National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment 2021 was released recently.
- Among the North-East and Hill States, Meghalaya and Nagaland are the leading State Portals with an overall compliance of more than 90% across all assessment parameters.
- Among Union Territories, Jammu & Kashmir ranked the highest with an overall compliance of nearly 90%.
- Among the Remaining States, Kerala, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Karnataka, and Uttar Pradesh had a compliance of more than 85%.
International Current Affairs
1)China proposed a plan to launch a solar power plant in space, to get inexhaustible power in 2028.
- China had planned to establish a solar power station of 1-megawatt capacity, in space by 2030.
- However, according to the updated plan, China will launch a satellite in 2028.
- This satellite will test wireless power transmission technology from space to the ground, from the height of 400 km.
- It will convert solar energy to microwaves or lasers.
- Using the lasers, energy beams will be directed to various targets, including the moving satellites and fixed locations on the Earth.
2)Australia appointed an “Assistant Minister for The Republic”, in a move towards ending the leadership of Queen Elizabeth II.
- This move triggered a fresh wave of speculation, that the British monarch will no longer be considered the head of the state.
- Newly-elected Prime Minister of Australia, Anthony Albanese, appointed 51-year-old Sydney MP Matt Thistlethwaite for this position.
- The move was announced after PM Albanese called Australia becoming a republic “inevitable”.
- He had also promised a referendum on giving Aboriginal Australians an institutional role in policymaking.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)South Korea sent its first satellite into orbit using a domestic Nuri rocket
South Korea launched its first satellite successfully using a homegrown rocket, boosting the nation’s expanding aerospace ambitions.
- South Korea launched its first satellite successfully using a homegrown rocket, boosting the nation’s expanding aerospace ambitions and proving it has the necessary technologies to build larger missiles and launch spy satellites in the midst of tensions with rival North Korea.
- The Science Ministry reported that the three-stage Nuri rocket successfully launched a working “performance verification” satellite to a target altitude of 435 miles from South Korea’s space launch facility on a southern island.
Business and Economy News
1)OmniCard becomes 1st RBI licensed PPI to launch cash withdrawal across all ATMs PAN India.
- Payment solution provider, OmniCard has announced that it became the 1st RBI licensed PPI (prepaid payment instrument) to launch cash withdrawal using a RuPay-powered card from any ATMs across.
- Payment solution provider OmniCard has announced that it became the 1st RBI licensed PPI (prepaid payment instrument) to launch cash withdrawal using a RuPay-powered card from any ATMs across the country.
- The move came in after RBI permitted the non-bank licensed entities to enable cash withdrawals from the digital wallets.
2)Retail inflation for June matches estimates at 7.04%.
- According to data released by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, India’s headline retail inflation rate eased to 7.04 percent in May from April’s near-eight-year high of 7.79 percent thanks to a favorable base effect.
- The fall in inflation in May is unlikely to do much to slow down the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) rate hike cycle. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) based inflation was 7.79 percent in April. In May 2021, retail inflation stood at 6.3 percent.
1)Max Verstappen won the Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen won the Azerbaijan Formula One Grand Prix 2022 (his fifth victory of the season). In the process, Verstappen became the most successful driver in the Red Bull of all time.
- Red Bull’s Sergio Perez came second and Mercedes’ George Russell came at the third spot.
1)Presidential Polls: Day Before Big Opposition Meet, Mamata Meets NCP Chief Sharad Pawar in Delhi.
- The day before the big opposition meeting, West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee met NCP supremo Sharad Pawar on Tuesday for a discussion over the presidential elections.
- She was likely there to convince the veteran leader to be the joint opposition nominee for the polls next month.
1)UNGA: India-sponsored Resolution on Multilingualism
- On June 26th, 2022, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted an India-led resolution on multilingualism mentioning the Hindi language for the first time.
- This resolution encourages the United Nations to continue disseminating important communications and messages in official and non-official languages, including Hindi.
This was today’s(27th June 2022) edition of current affairs.
You can also download the pdf of the current affairs covered on 25th June 2022. Download the pdf now.