Government exams have some prominent sections with regard to the subjects covered in the examination and one of the most important sections is the Current Affairs. Every year current affairs form a great weightage in exams such as IBPS, SBI, RRB, RBI, WBCS, etc. Edureify, the best learning AI app compiles these current affairs daily and tries to provide them to you in the crispest way.
Read on more to know the complete details of the current affairs covered on 28th June 2022.
Also, find the document attached for Daily current affairs 28-June-2022 Pdf, and save it for future reference.
1)Goa celebrates ‘Sao Joao’ festival in 2022
- The people of Goa have celebrated the Sao Joao festival, the feast of St John the Baptist with traditional enthusiasm after a two-year coronavirus-induced gap.
- The festival is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, who baptized Lord Jesus on the river of Jordan, and is celebrated at the onset of the monsoon. Siolim, a village in North Goa, hosts a traditional canoe parade on the occasion of Sao Joao.
2)Samant Kumar Goel was re-appointed as Chief of RAW
- Samant Kumar Goel’s contract as secretary of the intelligence agency’s Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) was extended by the Centre on June 24 by another year.
- Goel is an IPS officer from the Punjab cadre class of 1984 and will hold the position of agency secretary through June 30, 2023. In June 2019, Samant Kumar Goel succeeded Anil Dhasmana as the Chief of RAW.
3)Tapan Kumar Deka appointed as new Director of Intelligence Bureau
- The Central government has appointed senior IPS officer Tapan Kumar Deka as Director of the Intelligence Bureau.
- Tapan Kumar Deka, a 1988 batch Himachal Pradesh cadre IPS officer, was appointed for a tenure of two years from the date of assumption of the charge of the post or until further orders, whichever is earlier. Deka will succeed incumbent Intelligence Bureau Director Arvind Kumar, whose tenure ends on June 30.
International Current Affairs
1)Sri Lanka raises fuel prices as it prepares for economic catastrophe
- During its greatest economic crisis since its independence in 1948, Sri Lanka hiked its fuel costs, adding to the suffering of the populace. The US comes to aid.
- Representatives from the United States arrived for talks to assist the island nation during its greatest economic crisis since its independence in 1948, Sri Lanka hiked its fuel costs, adding to the suffering of the populace. Diesel, which is frequently used in public transportation, has seen a price increase of 15% to 460 rupees ($1.27) per liter, while gasoline has seen a price increase of 22% to 550 rupees ($1.52) per liter, according to Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC).
2)United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture 2022
- The United Nations General Assembly on December 12, 1997, adopted a resolution to proclaim June 26 as the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- The day is observed to call upon nations, civil societies, and individuals all across the world to extend their support to victims of torture and those who are being tortured.
Business and Economy News
1)Odisha, ‘Mo Bus’ Service received the prestigious UN Public Service Award
- Mo Bus, an Odisha-based public transport service has been honored with a prestigious United Nations award, for its role and efforts in helping the world recover better from Covid19.
- The public transport service has been recognized for its role in “promoting gender-responsive public services to achieve the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals)”, the UN said.
2)Micro-, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises Day: 28 June
- Recognizing the potential of the MSME and their role in strengthening economies, June 28 is celebrated as the Micro-Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day. The day is aimed at raising public awareness of the contribution of MSMEs to global economic growth and sustainable development.
- MSME or Micro-Small and Medium-sized Enterprises are crucial for the growth of a country as they form the backbone of the economy. They are enterprises that usually employ not more than 250 employees but are responsible for creating more than two-thirds of all jobs globally.
Sports Current Affairs
1)Ranji Trophy 2022: Madhya Pradesh beats Mumbai by six wickets
- Madhya Pradesh wrote history as they won their maiden Ranji Trophy title, beating tournament heavyweights Mumbai by 6 wickets in the final at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
- Under the leadership of Aditya Shrivastava, the team defeated 41-time champions Mumbai. The team was coached by former India wicketkeeper-batsman Chandrakant Pandit.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)India successfully conducts a VL-SRSAM missile test off the coast of Odisha
- Off the coast of Chandipur, in the state of Odisha, India successfully tested the Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM).
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Navy successfully conducted flight tests for the Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM). Off the coast of Chandipur, Odisha, the launch was carried out from an Indian Naval Ship.
1)Maharashtra Political Crisis: Two MLAs of Shinde Camp to Come to Mumbai to Meet Guv; Floor Test May Happen by Weekend.
- While the Shiv Sena faction led by party chief Uddhav Thackeray continued to reclaim the party, the rebel Eknath Shinde’s camp retaliated strongly on Sunday bringing higher education minister Uday Samant over to Guwahati to join the coup.
- Samant, who was earlier with the NCP, is the eighth minister to switch sides from Uddhav’s cabinet. With the recent move, only three Shiv Sena ministers are left in the cabinet.
1)Bus strike in Odisha: Pvt bus owners’ association to take a call tomorrow
- The final decision on the strike will be taken after the discussion with the working committee. However, the General Secretary informed them that they haven’t called off the strike.
- They had a meeting with the State Transport minister today in which their 10-point charter of demands was discussed.
Read the current affairs of 27th June 2022.
Also, read the pdf of the 27th June 2022 download from here.