Working with a variety and large amounts of data requires one to be aware of all the tools and their functions that aid in the efficient development of a server or software. In today’s growing AI and Machine Learning era of software development, it is very important to be knowledgeable about the various programs, databases, data structures, and tools that help in its growth. One such database is MySQL.
In this article, Edureify, the best AI Learning App will provide all the information on MySQL and also the difference between MySQL and SQL, along with information about SQL and MySQL coding courses with Edureify. Read on to know more.
What is a Database?
Before providing the details about MySQL, let us first tell you about what is a Database.
“Database is an application that stores the organized collection of records. The database is used, accessed, and managed by users very easily. It is a very useful tool that enables developers to organize data into tables, rows, columns, and indexes that help them find data easily. Each database has a distinct API that performs the database operations like creating, managing, accessing, and finding the data it contains.”
Some of the different types of databases are-
- SQL Server, and more
Now that one knows what is a Database, let us talk about MySQL.
MySQL is one of the most popular database management system software. MySQL AB was launched in 1995 in Sweden by its founders Michael Widenius (Monty), David Axmark, and Allan Larsson. The database is supported by Oracle Company.
The important features of MySQL are-
- It is written in C, C++, and Java Programming Language
- It operates on Windows, Linux, MacOS, and more
- MySQL defines the database relationship in relations, i.e., in the form of tables
- Automatically updates the table indexes
- Uses SQL queries
- Can extract useful information from various tables for the users
How does MySQL work?
MySQL works on the Client-Server Architecture. The Client-Server model is developed for the end-users, the clients so that they can access resources from the server with the use of networks. The clients can request information via the Graphical User Interface (GUI) and the server provides the desired output when the instructions match. MySQL also works in the same pattern.
MySQL Server is at the core of MySQL. The working the MySQL database is as follows-
- MySQL allows one to build various tables that can store data, manipulate them, and define the relationship between each of them
- Clients can use the GUI screen or the command prompt to request information with the use of SQL expressions
- At last, the server will provide the information requested
Some Popular Features of MySQL
MySQL is one of the fully-featured relational databases. Various businesses use MySQL for the following popular features of the software-
- MySQL is open-source
- Can handle large amounts of data and efficiently design them into proper a database
- Can be customized according to need
- It is very fast and efficient, hence can work better with large sets of data
- Supports various operating systems like PHP, Java, C, C++, PERL, and more
- It uses the standard SQL data language
Difference between MySQL and SQL
New developers and users might get confused between MySQL and SQL. MySQL is a database management system that operates on SQL, the Standard Query Language that manages and maintains a database.
The following table provides the detailed difference between MySQL and SQL.
|1.||SQL stands for Standard Quality Language||MySQL stands for My Standard Query Language|
|2.||It is a query programming language and manages RDBMS, Relational Database Management System.||It is an RDBMS that makes use of SQL|
|3.||Its primary use is to make queries and operate database systems||It is used to store, modify, handle, and delete data and organize the stored data|
|4.||Connectors are not supported by SQL||MySQL Workbench is an in-built tool that creates, designs, and builds databases|
|5.||It has a standard format without too many updates in its system||There are many variants in MySQL and gets frequent updates|
|6.||A single storage engine is supported||Multiple storage engines are supported along with the flexible feature of plug-in storage|
|7.||Does not permit manipulation of data during execution by other processors or even its own binaries||It allows intervention from third parties and therefore is less secure than SQL|
MySQL is therefore a really useful database management system. With its ability to structure data properly and help users find data easily it makes a very popular choice amongst developers.
By taking these coding courses with Edureify, students can further benefit from-
- 200+ hours of learning
- Learn from the industry experts
- Attend live lectures
- Have access to recorded lectures
- Get doubts cleared easily
- Get professional career guidance and job opportunities from Edureify’s job portal
So wait no more. Join Edureify’s coding courses and learn all the important skills and get the necessary job assurance.
Some FAQs on MySQL-
1. What is MySQL?
MySQL is one of the most popular database management system software that is based on SQL.
2. When was MySQL developed?
MySQL was developed and launched in 1995.
3. What is a Database?
A database is an application that stores the organized collection of records. The database is used, accessed, and managed by users very easily.
4. Are SQL and MySQL the same?
No, SQL and MySQL are not the same.
5. From where can I learn more about MySQL?