Edureify, the best AI learning, brings to you the online boot camp coding courses that will help in setting your foot in the world of data science. These courses will intensively build your interest in the field of data science and then you can build your career in the field of data science easily.
What is Selenium Python?
Selenium is an effective technology for automating browsers and controlling web browsers through software. It is functional across all major browsers and operating systems, and its scripts can be written in a number of languages, including Python, Java, C#, and others. For our purposes, Python will be used. WebDriver, WebElement, and unit testing with selenium are just a few of the topics covered in the Selenium tutorial. This Python Selenium Tutorial covers Selenium’s fundamentals as well as more complex and useful applications.
Why study Python for Selenium?
- Open Source and Portable – Selenium is a Web testing framework that is both open source and portable.
- Selenium is a set of tools and DSL (Domain Specific Language) that is used to run various types of tests.
- Simpler to comprehend and use — Selenium instructions are grouped into distinct classes, which makes them simpler to comprehend and use.
- Less work and stress for testers – As previously indicated, testing repeated test cases on each and every new build almost takes up no time at all. As a result, the testers’ workload is lighter.
- Cost savings for the clients in business – The business must pay the salaries of the testers, which is avoided by using automated testing tools.
How to Add Selenium to Python
Use the pip install selenium command to install the Selenium bindings on our machine. As you complete this, a Selenium folder should be created inside the Python folder. Use the pip install -U selenium command to update the current Selenium version. Python Selenium scripts should be written in an editor. Also, refer to the boot camp online coding courses available at Edureify.
Selenium Web Driver
Selenium Webdriver is the parent of all methods and classes used in Selenium Python. It is the driving force of Selenium that allows us to perform various operations on multiple elements on a webpage. A driver has various methods and attributes one can use to automate testing in Selenium Python.
Selenium Web Element
An element can be a tag, property, or anything, it is an instance of class selenium. After you find an element on the screen using selenium, you might want to click it or find sub-elements, etc. Selenium provides methods around this WebElement of Selenium. To check out how to use element objects in selenium, visit – WebElement in Selenium Python. Various methods one can use with an element in Selenium Python are discussed below.
Why do we use Selenium for automation testing?
Selenium is one of the most popular automation testing tools. Here automation testing is a process of converting any manual test case into test scripts using automation tools such as Selenium.
Following are some aspects that, why we prefer Selenium for automation testing:
- The Selenium test scripts can be written in any programming language like Java, Python, C#Ruby, Perl, and so on.
- The Selenium test scripts can be executed in many operating system platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.
- The test scripts can be implemented on different browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
- The Selenium testing tool can be associated with other testing tools such as TestNG, and Junit for managing the test cases, and generating test reports.
- To achieve continuous testing, Selenium is integrated with Maven, Jenkins, and Docker testing tools.
Along with the selenium python and the online coding courses tutorial, you need to see some other concepts which are beneficial:-
- SQL with python programming
- Introduction to Selenium IDE
- Introduction to Selenium and its properties
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q:- Is Selenium Python easy to learn?
Ans:- With the ease of code, Selenium with Python is easy to read. Besides, it is dynamically typed. Abundant programmers are well-versed in Python as a language. Connecting a browser through Selenium is easy because of the utilization of Python’s API.
Q:- Is Selenium better than Java or Python?
Ans:- Most software testing companies prefer to use selenium web drivers with Java for testing web applications. However, using python instead of Java offers ease of writing scripts. This often brings testers to the question that which combination is better for selenium test automation.
Q:- How do I add Selenium to Python?
Ans:- To install the Selenium bindings in our system, run the command: pip install selenium. As this is done, a folder called Selenium should get created within the Python folder. To update the existing version of Selenium, run the command: pip install –U selenium.
Q:- Which language is popular for Selenium?
Ans:- Though Selenium comes with a test domain-specific language (Selenese), other programming languages (Java, C#, Ruby, Python) can be used to script tests as well. Tests made in other languages communicate with Selenium via calling methods in the Selenium Client API. Selenium is therefore neutral to the client’s language.