Listen government exam aspirants! With the season of Railway, Banking, SSC, and more such competitive exams nearing the corner, one can only imagine the amount of preparatory pressure a candidate must be having. And by preparation, we mean the constant appraisal of being aware of the trending current affairs!
Edureify brings to you all the daily current affairs in order to help lessen your struggle to be updated with all the important news. We have curated all the trending news of the day so that you do not need to go look elsewhere.
Read the daily current affairs of 6th April 2022.
Today’s National Current Affairs-
AUKUS to deepen cooperation on hyper sonics, electronic warfare capabilities–
- In a step to enhance their security commitments and visibility in the Indo-Pacific, with a clear eye on the challenge posed by China’s military assertiveness and technological advances, leaders of Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States (AUKUS) have declared that they are commencing “new trilateral cooperation on hyper sonics, counter-hypersonics, and electronic warfare capabilities”.
- The emergence of AUKUS, led by this initiative, was announced in September 2021.
The forthcoming census is to be the first digital census, says the Government-
- The government said the forthcoming census is to be the first digital Census and there is a provision for self-enumeration.
- Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic the Census 2021 and related field activities have been postponed until further orders.
Lok Sabha discusses the constitution (Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2022-
- The Bill amends the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 (the SC Order) to omit the Bhogta community from the list of Scheduled Castes in relation to the state of Jharkhand and the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950 for inclusion of certain communities in the lists of Scheduled tribes in relation to the state of Jharkhand.
The Supreme Court agrees to list of electoral bonds PIL-
- The Supreme Court agreed on Tuesday, the 5th of April 2022, for hearing a public interest plea (PIL) from the NGO Association of Democratic Reforms (ADR).
- ADR had challenged the electoral bond scheme for funding political parties.
- The petitioner had referred to a media report alleging that a business house was intimidated to fund the ruling party through these bonds.
- CJI Ramana did not yet indicate a date for the hearing but said had it not been for Covid, he would have heard all of this already.
International Current Affairs-
Doctor Ian Fry, the Tuvalu negotiator, is named as the climate expert by the UN Human Rights Council-
- The UNHRC has appointed Dr. Ian Fry as the world’s first independent expert on human rights and climate change.
- The tenure of Dr. Ian Fry’s this designation is a total of 3 years.
- Dr. Ian Fry holds dual nationality in Tuvalu and Australia.
- Dr. Fry has negotiated on behalf of least developed countries including at the 2015 Paris climate conference where he ensured that human rights were part of the final package.
State of emergency revoked by Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksha-
- Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa revoked the state of emergency he had declared on April 1 with immediate effect in his island nation.
- President Rajapaksa had declared a public emergency on April 1 amid the urgency of protests over the worst economic crisis in the country.
- The emergency was imposed because of the mass-scale protests planned for April 3 against the current economic hardships faced by the people.
Current Affairs of Business and Economy-
A proud moment for India for 3 Indians are on the list of women self-made Billionaires-
- Three Indian women – Falguni Nayar of Nykaa, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw of Biocon, and Radha Vembu of Zoho – are featured in the latest Hurun list of women self-made billionaires (Hurun Richest Self-Made Women in the World 2022).
- Falguni Nayar, with a wealth of 7.6 billion dollars, founder and CEO of the beauty and lifestyle retail company Nykaa, is in the top 10 richest list.
- After the IPO of Nykaa, Nayar overtook long-time India’s number one woman billionaire Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw to become the richest self-made woman in India.
- She is also first on Hurun’s list of Top 10 New Faces.
Vodafone Idea raises stake to 47.61 pc courtesy Vodafone-
- British telecom major Vodafone has raised its stake in debt-ridden Vodafone Idea Limited to 47.61 percent through its subsidiary Prime Metals.
- The company earlier held a 44.39 percent stake in Vodafone Idea Limited (VIL).
India’s biggest financial merge: Merged HDFC entity, second only to RIL, to overtake TCS-
- Creating a banking behemoth with a market capitalization of Rs 14 lakh crore, mortgage firm HDFC Ltd will merge with HDFC Bank In the biggest merger in the history of India Inc.
- After the merger, HDFC Bank will be 100 percent owned by public shareholders, and existing shareholders of HDFC Ltd will own 41 percent of HDFC Bank. Shareholders of HDFC Ltd will receive 42 shares of HDFC Bank (face value of Re 1 each) for 25 shares of HDFC Ltd of Rs 2 each — a ratio of 1:1.68.
With the goal of becoming a full-service hybrid work ecosystem provider, HP acquires Poly-
- HP has completed its acquisition of Poly for $1.7 billion.
- It is an all-cash deal worth $3.3 billion.
- Poly is an office communication device manufacturer such as headsets, AV conference room equipment such as desk phones, and software.
- According to Lores, HP and Poly establish a “leading portfolio of hybrid work solutions across big and expanding markets, with Poly’s strong technology, complimentary go-to-market, and the experienced team helping to drive long-term profitable growth as we continue to build a better HP”.
Science & Technology Current Affairs-
Tata Group to introduce its Super App Tata Neu soon-
- Tata Group is to unveil its much anticipated super app, Tata Neu, on the 7th of April, 2022.
- The main aim of the launch is to grow the digital segment to be able to compete with market giants like Amazon, Flipkart, and JioMart from the Reliance Group.
- According to reports, Tata’s new app is to bring together flights, hotels, prescriptions, and groceries on one platform.
- Google Play Store will have the program available for download.
Arunachal Pradesh inks pact with WWF to develop state biodiversity strategy & action plan-
- Arunachal Pradesh inked a pact with WWF India to develop the State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (SBSAP).
- The SBSAP will align with the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework and Pakke Declaration.
- The ‘Pakke Declaration’ focuses on a multi-sectoral approach to low-emission and climate-resilient development based on five broad themes or Panch Dharas.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs-
Satya Pal Malik, Dulat to receive Sant Namdev National Award-
- In order to strengthen the bonds between the bordering States from the northeast, Kashmir, Punjab, and Maharashtra, Governor of Meghalaya Satya Pal Malik and former IPS officer AS Dulat has been chosen for the prestigious ‘Sant Namdev National Awards’ for the years 2021 and 2020, respectively.
- The prestigious “Sant Namdev National Award” has been instituted by the well-known Pune-based NGO Sarhad. It is a social, cultural, and educational organization, dedicated for the past four decades to the welfare of the strife-hit people in bordering areas of the country.
Anand Patwardhan to Receive Outstanding Achievement Award at Canada’s Documentary Festival-
- Documentary filmmaker Anand Patwardhan – who has spent decades tracking the rise of Hindutva nationalism – has been chosen for the Outstanding Achievement Award at the Hot Docs Festival in Toronto, Canada.
- The Hot Docs Festival is the largest international documentary festival in North America and is a qualifying event for documentaries for the Oscars. The event is held annually in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- This year, the 29th edition of the festival will run from April 28 to May 8. It will present 226 films hailing from 63 countries and will feature 63 world and 47 international premieres.
Writer Amar Mitra wins the 2022 O. Henry Prize for Short Fiction-
- Bengali author Amar Mitra has been bestowed the prestigious 2022 O. Henry Prize for Short Fiction.
- A total of 20 authors have been awarded the coveted prize.
- Mitra’s story, The Old Man of Kusumpur, originally written in Bengali with the title Gaonburo, will appear in the annual prize anthology, The Best Short Stories 2022: The O. Henry Prize Winners.
World Health Day-
- World Health Day is a global health awareness day observed every year on the 7th of April, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organisation, as well as other related organizations.
- In 1948, the WHO held the First World Health Assembly.
So, here are the daily current affairs of the 6th of April, 2022. We hope that the government exam aspirants find this curated news knowledgeable and help them in their preparations.
Read the daily current affairs of 5th April 2022 here.
Also, read the daily current affairs of 7th April 2022 here.