Daily Current Affairs are as important as the static portions in the government examinations. Being updated with the current happenings is yet another good habit and when you are an aspirant, this habit will help you in fetching good marks in the examination. Edureify, the best AI learning app brings to you daily current affairs which will help you immensely in every examination.
Also, read today’s daily current affairs pdf which will help you in saving time and is also beneficial for further reference.
Read on more to know about the recent happenings in and around the world.
National Current Affairs
1)India Ranks 135′ in the Global Gender Gap Index
- The World Economic Forum released its Global Gender Gap Index recently and as per its rankings, India stands at 135 out of 146 nations.
- The rank of India has improved from 140 to 135, but this is not considered a qualitative development.
- The first three ranking countries are Iceland, Finland, and Norway.
- “It will take around 132 years to fulfill the gender gap,” said the report.
2) As per the Union Power Ministry, India has achieved the target of clean energy nine years ahead of its deadline.
- India’s total installed capacity presently is 162 GW, and this is 42% of the total set target.
- The target set by India in 2015 was that by 2030, 40% of its energy would be from renewable sources, and as per the government’s official data, the target has already been achieved.
3)Tripura government launched the ‘Earn with Learn’ Scheme
- The Tripura government has launched a new scheme named ‘Earn with Learn’ to bring back those who had dropped out of schools following the outbreak of Covid-19. This scheme is a part of the ‘Vidyalaya.
- The Government attempted to bring back dropouts in 2020 by implementing the Vidyalaya Chalo Abhiyan, which was first started in 2009 but was unable to make any progress due to the pandemic.
International Current Affairs
1)Chinese Academy of Sciences launched a global naming event for its newest solar observatory
- The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) has initiated a global title assortment for the nation’s newest solar observatory, which will probably be launched right into a sun-synchronous orbit in October.
- The 888-kilogram observatory has a half-tonne precursor, “Xihe,” a Chinese H-alpha Solar Explorer (CHASE), named after the solar goddess in historical Chinese mythology and launched final October to review the violent and sudden bodily processes behind solar flares.
2)Deutsche Bahn to be the world’s first intermodal partner of Star Alliance
- Deutsche Bahn (DB) will be the world’s first Intermodal Partner of Star Alliance. With this, DB and the aviation industry are sending another strong signal for the environment-friendly evolution.
- Under the new cooperation, DB customers and passengers of Star Alliance member airlines will be able to start or end their long-distance journey comfortably on the climate-friendly train. Germany is the first market and DB is the world’s first partner in the new Star Alliance initiative.
Business and Economy News
1)Nomura cuts India’s GDP forecast for 2023 to 4.7%
- Nomura has revised downwards the GDP growth forecast for India in 2023 to 4.7%. Earlier this rate was 5.4%.
- Exports have started to struggle, while elevated imports are pushing up monthly trade deficits to record highs. Higher inflation, monetary policy tightening, dormant private CAPEX growth.
1)Mohammed Shami becomes fastest Indian bowler to take 150 ODI wickets
- Mohammed Shami became the fastest Indian bowler to 150 ODI wickets in the first India vs England ODI at the Kennington Oval.
- The seamer needed 80 matches to 150 ODI wickets. Shami achieved the feat with his second wicket of the match. Overall, Shami is third joint-fastest to reach 150 ODI wickets.
2)India bagged 22 medals in Asian U-20 Wrestling Championships in Manama, Bahrain
- Indian grapplers had a fantastic outing at the U20 Asian Wrestling Championships in Manama, Bahrain where they won as many as 22 medals.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)MoD intends for defense manufacturing to reach Rs 1.75 crore by 2025
- Rajnath Singh announced that the Ministry of Defence has set a target of Rs 1.75 lakh crores in defense production by 2025, which includes Rs 35,000 crores in exports.
- He exuded assurance that the Defense PSUs, with a contribution of between 70 and 80 percent, will play a significant part in reaching this aim.
Political Current Affairs
1)India takes a political gamble on $1.3bn battle with satellite firm
- The ruling BJP says the original contract with Devas was fraudulent and refuses to pay damages ordered by the tribunal.
- The group had been battling the Indian government for years over the cancellation in 2011 of a telecoms contract held by its company, Devas Multimedia.
1)“The Endgame” book launched by Hussain Zaidi.
- Hussain Zaidi recently launched his book -“The Endgame”.
- This book talks about the spiritual journey of a man which finally takes him/her to the final destination of life i.e. Death.
This is the wrap-up of today’s current affairs. Also, attend the daily current affairs quiz for practice.
Read the news of 14th July 2022 and never miss an update with the help of Edureify.