Regarding the topics covered in the exam, government exams feature various notable sections, and one of the most significant areas is current affairs. Every year, tests like the IBPS, SBI, RRB, RBI, WBCS, etc. give a significant amount of weight to current events. These current affairs are compiled daily by Edureify, the best learning Platform, and are presented to you in the clearest possible manner.
Continue reading to learn everything about the current events discussed on July 16th, 2022.
National Current Affairs
1)Cabinet approved Taranga Hill-Ambaji-Abu Road new rail line
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the construction of the Taranga Hill-Ambaji- Abu Road new rail line.
- The total length of the new rail line will be 116.65 km and is expected to be completed in 2026-27. The project would generate direct employment during construction for about 40 lakh man-days.
2)Jute Mark India (JMI) Logo Launched by Government
- The government of India introduced the certification of authenticity for jute products manufactured in India.
- The Union Textile Secretary unveiled the logo “Jute Mark India”. This project is an initiative to protect and promote Indian jute products.
3) UIDAI launched the ‘AadhaarFaceRd’ mobile app to perform Aadhaar face authentication
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a face authentication feature through a new mobile app called “AadhaarFaceRd”.
- For authentication, Aadhaar card holders no longer need to physically visit an enrollment center for iris and fingerprint scans. The UIDAI has started using face authentication as a method of confirming an Aadhaar holder’s identity. Once your facial authentication is successful, it verifies your identity.
International Current Affairs
1)Mustafizur Rahman named as Bangladesh High Commissioner to India
- The Bangladesh Government has appointed Mustafizur Rahman as the next High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India.
- He is currently serving as Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations Offices in Geneva and the Ambassador to Switzerland. He will succeed Muhammad Imran as the new High Commissioner.
2)Samsung created the fastest graphics DRAM chip in the world
- Samsung announced the creation of a new graphics dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) chip with increased speed and power efficiency, according to the manufacturer.
- According to a statement from the manufacturer, the 24-gigabit Graphics Double Data Rate 6 (GDDR6) uses third-generation, 10-nanometer technology and boasts a data processing speed that is over 30% quicker than competing products.
Business and Economy News
1)Infosys purchases a Danish-based life science company
- Infosys bought BASE Life Science for around 110 million euros (Rs. 875 crores). The acquisition will expand Infosys’ knowledge in the life sciences industry.
- This purchase strengthens Infosys‘ broad life sciences expertise, increases our foothold in the Nordics and across Europe, and scales our industry-specific cloud-based digital transformation solutions.
1)Shohidul Islam Bangladeshi pacer, suspended for a doping offense
- Shohidul Islam, a fast bowler for Bangladesh was sentenced to a ten-month suspension after admitting to violating Article 2.1 of the ICC Anti-Doping Code.
- He participated in one T20 match for Bangladesh. Mohammad Rizwan, a Pakistani batter, was the only one he was able to dismiss, but Bangladesh went on to lose the game and the series 0-3.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)Ola introduces India’s first indigenously made lithium ion-cell
- Ola Electric has unveiled the country’s first indigenously developed lithium-ion cell.
- The Bengaluru-based two-wheeler maker will begin the mass production of the cell- NMC 2170, from its Chennai-based Gigafactory by 2023. The use of specific chemicals and materials enables the cell to pack more energy in a given space and also improves the overall life cycle of the cell.
1)Assam-Arunachal Border: CMs Sarma, and Pema Khandu Sign ‘Historic’ Namsai Pact in Step to Resolve Dispute
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu said the dispute between the two states has been going on for 70 years but the Centre had asked them to resolve it across the table
- In Namsai, bordering Assam in Arunachal, both chief ministers signed the agreement in presence of all regional level committees of both states.
1)Pope Francis appoints three women to the advisory committee for bishops
- The Vatican announced that Pope Francis has appointed three women two nuns and a laywoman to a formerly all-male committee that assists him in choosing the world’s bishops.
- In an exclusive interview with Reuters earlier this month, Pope made the announcement, emphasizing that he wished to give women more high and powerful posts in the Holy See.
This was the wrap-up of today’s edition of the news. Stay tuned to Edureify for more updates and solve the daily current affairs quiz curated by our experts for the government exams.
Refer to the daily current affairs of 15th July 2022 in case you missed an important update.