Whenever we want to prepare for any exam, then-current affairs keep an important part in that. Candidates who are preparing for the government exams must be looking for a reliable source and thus Eduriefy, the best AI learning app, compiles all the important updates daily so as to provide the best piece of information to you. Edureify also brings out the weekly current affairs which are really helpful for the aspirants in preparing for the government exams.
You can also download today’s daily current affairs pdf for further reference.
National Current Affairs
1)Rajasthan introduces the first digital Lok Adalat in India
- During the 18th All India Legal Services Authorities’ convention, which was held here, NLSA Chairman Uday Umesh Lalit unveiled the first digital Lok Adalat driven by AI.
- Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority’s (RSLSA) digital Lok Adalat was created by Jupitice Justice Technologies, the organization’s technological partner.
2)Manoj Kumar assumes charge as KVIC’s new chairman
- Manoj Kumar has been promoted to take charge as Chairman of the Government of India’s statutory body.
- KVIC’s former Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena has moved on to take charge as the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi. Manoj Kumar was earlier part of KVIC as the Expert Member (Marketing) and has professional experience in the areas of marketing and rural development.
3)Delhi govt commemorated Happiness Utsav in honor of curriculum’s 4th anniversary
- According to Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, the Delhi government celebrated Happiness Utsav to honor the fourth anniversary of its Happiness Curriculum for schools.
- At a special session held for pupils on this occasion at Kautilya Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya in Chirag Enclave, life coach Gaur Gopal Das discussed the intricacies of happiness.
International Current Affairs
1) Facebook owner Meta released the first annual human rights report
- Facebook owner Meta released its first annual human rights report, following years of accusations that it turned a blind eye to online abuses that fueled real-world violence in places like India.
- The report, which covers due diligence performed in 2020 and 2021, includes a summary of a controversial human rights impact assessment of India that Meta commissioned law firm Foley Hoag to conduct.
Business and Economy News
1)Ashish Kumar Chauhan named as the next MD & CEO of NSE
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has announced the appointment of Ashish Kumar Chauhan as its new managing director and CEO.
- He will succeed Vikram Limaye whose 5-year term ended on 16 July 2022. He was one of the founders of NSE where he worked from 1992 to 2000. He is best known as the father of modern financial derivatives in India due to his work at NSE.
2)Successful testing of India’s first 5G private network announced by Bharti Airtel
- The nation’s first 5G private network was successfully tested by Bharti Airtel at Bosch Automotive Electronics’ plant in Bengaluru. The trial occurs in advance of a 5G spectrum auction.
- Using the government-allocated trial spectrum, Airtel deployed two industrial-grade use cases at Bosch’s facility for quality enhancement and operational efficiency.
1)Australia Tennis star Lleyton Hewitt inducted into the Hall of Fame
- Two-time Grand Slam champion and former world number one, Lleyton Hewitt was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Before Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic ascended to the top of the sport, Hewitt held the top spot for 80 weeks, good for 10th-most in history. Even when those stars made their mark.
2)England all-rounder Ben Stokes announces ODI retirement
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes has made a surprise announcement to retire from ODI cricket.
- The 31-year-old will play his last ODI against South Africa at his home ground in Durham. Stokes’ ODI career will forever be remembered for his Player-of-the-Match performance in the 2019 World Cup final against New Zealand at Lord’s.
Science and Technology News
1)INS Sindhudhvaj decommissioned after 35 years of service
- INS Sindhudhvaj has decommissioned after 35 years of glorious service to the nation.
- Vice Adm Biswajit Dasgupta Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command was the Chief Guest for the ceremony. The submarine crest depicts a grey color nurse shark and the name means flag bearer at sea.
1)Shinde govt’s direct election move a strike at Congress, NCP hold on grass-roots
- Coop network helps Cong, NCP retain support in local bodies; Fadnavis says direct election will help transparency.
- The coalition government of the Shinde faction of the Shiv Sena and BJP announced last week that presidents of Nagar panchayats and Nagar Parishad, and sarpanches of gram panchayats, will be elected directly, instead of by members of the respective local bodies.
1)Renowned Ghazal Singer Bhupinder Singh passes away
- Legendary ghazal singer, Bhupinder Singh passed away due to suspected colon cancer and COVID-19-related complications.
- He was 82. Singh was best known for songs such as ‘Duniya Chhute Yaar Na Chhute’ (“Dharam Kanta”), ‘Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Aasman’ (“Sitara”), which he sang with the late legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, ‘Dil Dhoondta Hai’ (“Mausam”), ‘Naam Gum Jayega’ (“Kinara”).
This was the wrap-up of today’s edition of daily current affairs. You can also attend the daily current affairs quiz for more help.
Read the previous day’s current affairs(19th July 2022) from here.