Current affairs are an important part of every government exam for which you appear today. Some of the exams such as SSC, Banking, RRB, WBCS, etc. highly focus on current affairs and also keep a great weightage in the question paper. Thus, it becomes necessary to be in touch with national and international affairs daily. Eduriefy brings to you today’s edition of the important events happening in and around the world.
Read more to know about today i.e. 18th July 2022 Current affairs.
Download to read the pdf of daily current affairs 18th-July-2022.
Today’s National Current Affairs
- Formation of Cotton Council of India announced by Center-
- The formation of the Cotton Council of India under the Chairmanship of veteran cotton man Suresh Bhai Kotak was announced by the Union Government.
- The Council is to have representatives from Textiles, Agriculture, Commerce, and Finance Ministries along with Cotton Corporation of India and Cotton Research Institute.
- Anil Baijlal, Delhi LG, resigns President Ramnath Kovind-
- Citing personal reasons as the cause, Delhi Lieutenant General Anil Baijlal submitted his resignation to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- After the sudden resignation of Najeeb Jung, Anil Baijlal was appointed the LG in December 2016.
- During the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, Anil Baijlal had earlier served as DDA vice-chairperson and Union Home Secretary.
3. Jammu & Kashmir people want early elections to install the government of their choice: Abdullah
- Omar Abdullah, the former Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, said on Thursday that the people of J&K are “fed up” with the current government administration and want early elections to form the government of their choice.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) will decide on the polls said Abdullah after being asked whether the election will be held soon because the delimitation commission report has been submitted.
For more updates on the daily current affairs, download Edureify, the best AI Learning App.
International Current Affairs
- Discovery of a ‘Lost World’ found in a massive sinkhole in southern China-
- In a gaping 192-meter-deep sinkhole, a lost world is found in southern China that could be housing unknown species.
- The location of this newfound discovery made by spelunkers is in Leye County within the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
- This new-found world has a forest of its own with species that are yet to be discovered.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)NASA launches CAPSTONE mission to the moon
- The NASA researchers successfully launched the CAPSTONE spacecraft to the moon from New Zealand.
- The launch took place on Rocket Lab’s Electron rocket. Mission CAPSTONE stands for Cislunar Autonomous Positioning System Technology Operations and Navigation Experiment.
1)U23 Asian Wrestling Championships 2022: Deepak Punia won bronze
- Tokyo Olympian Deepak Punia won a bronze medal after defeating Maksat Satybaldy (Kyrgyzstan) in the 86kg freestyle weight category at the U23 Asian wrestling championships 2022 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Despite a win, it was an unimpressive result from him as the Indian contingent was expecting a better outing from the world championships silver medalist in the tournament.
Business and Economy Current Affairs
- The BHARAT TAP project gets unveiled at Plumbex India Exhibition-
- Sh. Hardeep Singh Puri, the Honourable Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, started the Plumbex India Exhibition ceremony.
- He also announced the Bharat Tap Project, a campaign to produce low-flow fixtures and sanitaryware to help India begin a new era of water conservation and sustainable development.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs
1. India’s Agri, processed food exports up 14% in Q1 FY23
- India’s exports of agricultural and processed food products rose 14% on year in the first three months of FY23 to $5.98 billion, the commerce and industry ministry said in a statement on Sunday.
- The exports of these products were $5.25 billion in the same period of the previous fiscal.
This was today’s(18th July 2022) edition of current affairs.
Read the current affairs of 16th July 2022 provided by Eduriefy.