Current affairs are as important as the static part in any government examination. Covering it from a good source will be helpful for you in terms of reliability and also in terms of saving time. Edureify, the best AI learning app provides the best current affairs on a daily and weekly basis to all its readers.
You can also download the daily current affairs pdf and read it at your convenience.
National Current Affairs
1)Expat Insider Rankings for 2022: India ranks 36th
- Mexico has topped the Expat Insider Rankings for 2022, which was released by the Inter Nations.
- India has been ranked on the 36th position out of the 52 countries on the list, with a high affordability score. Kuwait is the worst country for ex-pats in the ranking.
2)Kerala becomes the first state to have its own internet service
- Kerala is now the first and only state in the country to have its own internet service, according to Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who made the announcement.
- The announcement followed the Department of Telecommunications’ granting of an Internet Service Provider (ISP) license to the IT infrastructure project of the Kerala Fiber Optic Network Ltd (K-Fon), which aims to provide everyone in the state access to the internet.
3)West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar is NDA’s vice-presidential pick
- The BJP has announced West Bengal Governor, Jagdeep Dhankhar as the NDA’s vice-presidential candidate.
- With the NDA having a clear majority in the electoral college comprising MPs of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Dhankhar is expected to win the August 6 election to vice-president. He will succeed M Venkaiah Naidu, whose term ends on August 10.
International Current Affairs
1)In Dhaka, the 52nd BGB-BSF DG level conference begins
- The Indian delegation, led by DG, BSF Pankaj Singh, arrived in Dhaka early on the first day of the 52nd BGB-BSF Director General level Border conference.
- On the first day, a variety of topics including border management, drug trafficking, smuggling of weapons and ammunition, trafficking in women and children, and other development initiatives within 150 yards of the international boundary were discussed.
Business and Economy News
1)First-Ever ‘Made In India’ surgical robotic system installed at Rajiv Gandhi Institute
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Center, New Delhi (RGCI) have installed the first-ever Made-in-India Surgical Robotic System, “SSI-Mantra”.
- The ingenious SSI Mantra, a brainchild of World-renowned robotic cardiac surgeon Dr Sudhir P Srivastava, will be signifying the beginning of a new era of surgical procedures in India, making robotic surgery accessible and affordable for the people of our country.
2)Consumer Affairs Department launches Jagriti, its new mascot
- Jagriti is a mascot created by the Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA) with the goal of empowering customers and raising awareness of their rights.
- Jagriti will be shown as an educated consumer who is advocating for her rights and finding answers to the issues she encounters.
1)Singapore Open 2022: PV Sindhu wins first Super 500 title
- PV Sindhu won the first Super 500 title of her career when she defeated reigning Asian champion, Wang Zhi Yi.
- This is her first 500 or better since the world championship win in 2019. This is her first 500 or better final in 2022. This is an important marker for the world No 7 while the rankings are still frozen.
2)Indian GM Aravindh Chithambaram won the tournament in Spain
- Indian Grandmaster Aravindh Chithambaram has emerged winner of the 41st Villa De Benasque International Chess Open in Spain.
- Chithambaram’s coach R B Ramesh praised his ward for the title. He defeated Armenia’s Robert Hovhannisyan and compatriot Raunak Sadhwani on the basis of a tie-break score here. Sadhwani finished in third place behind the Armenian. Chithambaram is also a former national champion.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)Inauguration of Census Data Workstation at IIT Delhi
- A new census workstation has been unveiled by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi in the Economics Lab of the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The Census Data Workstation was officially opened by Dr. Vivek Joshi, the Registrar General and Census Commissioner for India. According to Dr. Joshi, the new workstation aims to make it easier for academics and researchers to access census microdata. Additionally, it will contribute to raising awareness of the enormous amount of data that was gathered during Census activities.
1)Former Punjab Speaker Nirmal Singh Kahlon Passes Away
- Former Punjab Speaker and Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) leader, Nirmal Singh Kahlon has passed away at the age of 79.
- He was the Rural Development and Panchayat Minister from 1997 to 2002 and the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly from 2007 to 2012.
1)22nd Bharat Rang Mahotsav 2022 open by MoS Culture Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal
- Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal opens 22nd Bharat Rang Mahotsav 2022 to celebrate the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- India is celebrating the 75th year of Independence as Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. This is celebrated by the Ministry of Culture, and on this occasion, the National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi, organized “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav-22nd Bharat Rang Mahotsav 2022” from 16th July to 14th August 2022.
This is the wrap-up of today’s daily current affairs. You can also solve today’s current affairs quiz.
You can also read the previous day i.e. 18th July 2022 current affairs for more such details.