Are you searching for the best site where you can get a great crux of important news updated on a daily and weekly basis. Edureify, the best AI learning app does the job for you pretty well and you can rely on it for completing your current affairs portion.
Read the pdf of daily current affairs or save it for further reference.
You can also visit the Eduriefy website for seeking more help with your exam preparation.
National Current Affairs
1)15th President of India: Draupadi Murmu
- Daughter of a tribal family coming from a very ordinary house in Odisha, Draupadi Murmu has been elected as the 15th President of India.
- The 2022 Indian Presidential Election was the 16th presidential election that was held in India on the 18th of July 2022. Murmu becomes India’s first woman tribal president. She also becomes the second woman to hold the post after Pratibha Patil. The tenure of incumbent president Ram Nath Kovind will end on 24th July, 2022.
2)Jawaharlal Nehru Port becomes first 100% Landlord Major Port of India
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port has become the first 100 per cent Landlord Major Port of India having all berths being operated on the PPP model.
- The PPP model of investment in Indian ports has made remarkable progress in the last 25 years, beginning from the Jawaharlal Nehru Port, resulting in capacity addition and productivity improvement. JNP is one of the leading container ports in the country and is ranked 26th among the top 100 global ports.
International Current Affairs
1)13th Petersburg Climate Dialogue begins in Germany
- The 13th Petersberg Climate Dialogue began in Berlin, Germany. The two-day informal ministerial meet is being chaired by Germany and Egypt, hosts of this year’s annual climate meet (COP-27).
- The informal ministerial meeting proposes to build consensus and provide political direction to resolve divergences aimed at improving the implementation of climate action, the core goal of COP-27.
Business and Economy News
1)Morgan Stanley cuts India’s FY23 GDP forecast to 7.2%
- Morgan Stanley cut its FY23 real GDP expansion estimate for India by 0.40 per cent to 7.2 per cent on slower global growth.
- GDP growth will slow down to 6.4 per cent in FY24. A majority of watchers are expecting FY23 GDP growth to come at over 7 per cent levels. The RBI estimate also stands at 7.2 per cent.
2)$1 billion loan from the World Bank approved for the PM ABHIM
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya informed the Rajya Sabha that the World Bank had granted a loan of USD $1 billion to fund India’s flagship PM-ABHIM.
- The loan that has been cleared consists of two complementary loans totaling USD 500 million each for India’s Enhanced Health Service Delivery Program and Transforming India’s Public Health Systems for Pandemic Preparedness Program (PHSPP).
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)ISRO used PSLV to launch 345 foreign spacecraft from 34 different nations since 1999
- According to Dr. Jitendra Singh, the Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) has successfully launched 342 foreign satellites from 34 countries since 1999 on a commercial basis.
- Dr. Jitendra Singh stated in a written response to a question in the Rajya Sabha today that the launch of these foreign satellites on a commercial basis will generate roughly 132 Million Euros.
1)Los Angeles to host 2028 Summer Olympic Games
- The 2028 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games will be hosted in Los Angeles, United States.
- The opening ceremony for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics will take place on July 14, 2028, and continue till July 30. However, Los Angeles has previously hosted the Olympics in 1984 and 1932.
- The LA28 Games will feature more than 3,000 hours of live sport across 800 events in more than 40 sports. 15,000 athletes are expected to compete in the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles, according to LA 28.
1)“Baseless”: India denies reports of political influence amid Sri Lanka’s Presidential poll
- India denies reports of political influence amid Sri Lanka’s Presidential poll which is making baseless efforts for doing the same.
1)World Brain Day celebrates globally on July 22
- The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) celebrates World Brain Day on every July 22, focusing on a different theme each year.
- According to WHO, good brain health is a state in which every individual can realize their own abilities and optimize their cognitive, emotional, psychological and behavioural functioning to cope with life situations.
2)Henley Passport Index 2022: India ranks 87th
- India is ranked 87th on the list of the world’s most powerful passports in 2022, according to the latest Henley Passport Index from Henley & Partners.
- Three Asian nations Japan, Singapore and South Korea bagged the top three positions on the list, reversing pre-pandemic rankings that were dominated by European nations.
This is the wrap up of today’s edition which has covered every important update going around India and globally. You can also solve daily current affairs quiz for revision.
You can also refer to previous day’s current affairs in case you have missed any important updates.