The most essential yet challenging part of government exam preparation is preparing for current affairs. Finding the best reliable source for current affairs is a tedious task. The search is over now because Edureify, the best AI learning app, provides you with the syllabus oriented current affairs for various examinations such as RRB, IBPS, WBCS, etc. You can also download the weekly current affairs.
Download the pdf of the daily current affairs and save it for further reference.
Read on more to find out the latest and crisp happenings in and around the world.
National Current Affairs
1)Five years of Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana completed
- After five years, the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana is now complete. 21 July, 2017 marked the official launch of the programme.
- The programme is a social security programme for the elderly that aims to provide them with a guaranteed minimum pension based on a guaranteed return on the purchase price or subscription fee.
- The minimum investment required to participate in this scheme has been increased to one lakh 56 thousand 658 rupees for a pension of 12,000 per year and to one lakh 62 thousand 162 rupees for a pension of at least 1,000 rupees per month.
2)Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma launched ‘Swanirbhar Naari’ scheme
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has launched ‘Swanirbhar Naari’, a scheme to empower indigenous weavers in Assam’s Guwahati.
- The state government will procure handloom items directly from indigenous weavers via a web portal under the scheme. The scheme will help in preserving the heritage of handlooms and textiles in the state.
International Current Affairs
1)Egypt’s Seif Ahmed named as FIH acting president
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has appointed Egypt’s Seif Ahmed as its acting president.
- Batra resigned as FIH president and also quit as Indian Olympic Association (IOA) chief. He also gave up his International Olympic Committee (IOC) membership which was directly linked with his IOA position.
2)Sheikh Mohammed Sabah Al Salem named as new Kuwait’s Prime Minister
- Kuwait’s Emir Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah has issued a decree to appoint Sheikh Mohammed Sabah Al Salem as a new Prime Minister.
- The appointment of a new PM comes three months after former Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled Hamad Al-Sabah submitted his resignation, the fourth in the past two years and a half.
Business and Economy News
1)3 cooperative banks restricted from undertaking banking business by RBI
- 3 cooperative banks have received harsh limitations from RBI. RBI has restricted the 3 banks from engaging in any banking activity due to their weak liquidity situation.
- Along with the Sri Mallikarjuna Pattana Sahakari Bank situated in Karnataka, these banks also include two from Maharashtra: the Nashik Zilla Girna Sahakari Bank Limited and the Raigad Sahakari Bank.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1)ISRO ‘Human Spaceflight Expo’ inaugurated at Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
- Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO Chairman S Somnath along with other senior scientists inaugurated the Human Space Flight Expo at Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium in Bengaluru.
- ISRO is embarking on its maiden unmanned mission Gaganyaan soon and the exhibition showcased the crew module, GSLV Mark III human-rated launch vehicle and crew escape systems.
1)Asia Cup will be held in UAE, says Sourav Ganguly
- The Asia Cup, which was scheduled to be held in Sri Lanka, has been shifted to the UAE, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly said.
- Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on Wednesday had informed the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) that the board will not be in a position to host the upcoming edition of the Asia Cup T20 because of the economic and political crisis in the country.
1)FICCI downgrades India’s GDP growth forecast for 2022-23 to 7%
- Industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has downgraded India’s economic output estimate for this financial year by 40 basis points to 7% for 2022-23.
- In April, FICCI had estimated India’s growth at 7.4% for 2022-23. Owing to geopolitical uncertainties and their impact on Asia’s third largest economy.
1)Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index June 2022: India ranks 118
- India’s rankings fell by three spots in the median mobile speeds, according to Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index.
- India was at the 115th spot in May this year, but it dropped down to 118th in June. In April and May, India’s mobile broadband speeds improved. But the month of June 2022, saw the media speed decrease.
Also read the previous day current affairs in case you have missed some of the important happenings.