PHP is a general-purpose scripting language geared toward web development. It was created by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. The PHP reference implementation is now produced by The PHP Group. PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page, but it now stands for the recursive initialism PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
PHP code is usually processed on a web server by a PHP interpreter implemented as a module, a daemon, or as a Common Gateway Interface (CGI) executable. On a web server, the result of the interpreted and executed PHP code – which may be any type of data, such as generated HTML or binary image data – would form the whole or part of an HTTP response. Various web template systems, web content management systems, and web frameworks exist which can be employed to orchestrate or facilitate the generation of that response. Additionally, PHP can be used for many programming tasks outside the web context, such as standalone graphical applications and robotic drone control.PHP code can also be directly executed from the command line.
Also read about C++ program by clicking on this link.
The standard PHP interpreter, powered by the Zend Engine, is free software released under the PHP License. PHP has been widely ported and can be deployed on most web servers on a variety of operating systems and platforms.
The PHP language evolved without a written formal specification or standard until 2014, with the original implementation acting as the de facto standard that other implementations aimed to follow. Since 2014, work has gone on to create a formal PHP specification.
W3Techs reports that, as of January 2022, “PHP is used by 78.1% of all the websites whose server-side programming language we know.PHP version 7.4 is the most used version. Support for version 7.3 was dropped on 6 December 2021.
Know about the JAVA language by clicking on this link and grasping more information on it.
What Can PHP Do?
- PHP can generate the dynamic page content
- PHP can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- PHP can collect form data
- PHP can send and receive cookies
- PHP can add, delete, and modify data in your database
- PHP can be used to control user-access
- PHP can encrypt data
- With PHP you are not limited to outputting HTML. You can output images, PDF files, and even Flash movies. You can also output any text, such as XHTML and XML.
- PHP runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP supports a wide range of databases
- PHP is free. Download it from the official PHP resource: www.php.net
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server-side
What’s new in PHP 7
- PHP 7 is much faster than the previous popular stable release (PHP 5.6)
- PHP 7 has Improved Error Handling
- PHP 7 supports stricter Type Declarations for function arguments
- PHP 7 supports new operators (like the spaceship operator).
You can also become a software developer without a degree. Click on this link to know more about this.
- HTML – HTML is used to design static web pages.
- CSS – CSS helps to make the webpage content more effective and attractive.
- Audience:-Our PHP tutorial is designed to help beginners and professionals. This PHP tutorial will help those who are unaware of the concepts of PHP but have basic knowledge of computer programming.
The problem in learning PHP
We assure you that you will not find any problems in this PHP tutorial. But if there is any mistake or error, please post the error on the website. You must visit the Eduriefy website to learn more about the PHP coding course and the other subparts of it. Eduriefy provides its learners with a stress-free online environment that encourages them to work more efficiently. Download the Eduriefy app now to know more about the PHP program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:- What is PHP and why it is used?
Ans:- PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is known as a general-purpose scripting language that can be used to develop dynamic and interactive websites. It was among the first server-side languages that could be embedded into HTML, making it easier to add functionality to web pages without needing to call external files for data.
Question:- What does PHP stand for?
Ans:-PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor ) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
Question:- Is PHP coding or programming?
Ans:-PHP is an open-source server-side scripting language that many devs use for web development. It is also a general-purpose language that you can use to make lots of projects, including Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs).
Question:- Is learning PHP easy?