LIC is India’s largest life insurance company. It has offices all over the country and is always looking for new employees to help with its ever-expanding insurance business. The LIC AAO full form is (Assistant Administrative Officers). Every year, LIC hires Assistant Administrative Officers (AAO) through the LIC AAO test in order to keep the business moving forward and offer useful products based on consumer input.
The LIC AAO is the most important functionary in the LIC office because all of the office’s business requires his/her approval. The position comes with a good salary and other benefits. This is why a huge number of people apply for the exam.
- The LIC AAO exam is divided into three stages: the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview.
- The prelims are only for qualifying purposes, and the final merit list will be based on the marks obtained in the main exam and the interview.
On this page, candidates will find information about the examination, the eligibility criteria, the examination pattern, the different phases of the examination, and the LIC AAO Results.
|LIC AAO Exam
|Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)
|Once a year (Occasionally)
|Medium of Exam
|₹ 700 (General category)
|₹ 85 (Reserved category)
|Mains Exam Date
|31st October 2022
|Shortlisted Candidates List (PDF)
LIC AAO Generalist Exam – Total Vacancies
The total number of vacancies for LIC AAO Recruitment 2022 had been announced to be 168. Most vacancies are for the position of LIC AAO (IT).
The table below contains information on the LIC AAO vacancy for various positions.
|AAO (Chartered Accountant)
- The total number of vacancies and reserved vacancies are provisional and may change depending on LIC’s actual needs.
- Candidates should only apply for ONE position. If a candidate applies for more than one position, all of his or her applications will be rejected.
LIC AAO Generalist Exam – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must verify that they satisfy all of the qualifying conditions before taking the LIC AAO Generalist test. The eligibility conditions are the minimum requirements that candidates must meet. To apply for the position of LIC AAO, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements, which are listed below.
According to the official notification, the date for age calculation is February 1, 2022. The candidate must be at least 21 years old and not older than 30 years old (The applicant must have been born between February 2nd, 1990 and February 2nd, 1999).
|Minimum Age Limit
|Maximum Age Limit
Candidates’ upper age limit can be relaxed depending on their category. The table below shows the age relaxation allowed for each of these categories.
|Confirmed LIC employees
|Further relaxation of 5 years
Because there are functionally different positions notified under the LIC AAO umbrella exam, the educational qualifications required for all of the posts vary.
The following are the post-specific educational requirements –
For AAO (Chartered Accountant)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized Indian University/Institution, and must have passed the Institute of Chartered Accountant’s Final Examination, and completed the Institute of Chartered Accountant’s Articles.
- The candidate must be an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Candidates must give their membership number, which will be verified with the Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
For AAO (Actuarial)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian University/Institution and must have passed 6 or more papers of the examination conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India / Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, the UK as of the date of eligibility, which is February 1st, 2022.
- Candidates must provide their membership number, which will be verified with the Institute of Actuaries of India / Institute and Faculty of Actuaries of the United Kingdom.
For AAO (Rajbhasha)
Candidates may possess any of the following qualifications –
- A postgraduate master’s degree in Hindi/Hindi translation, with English as one of the subjects studied at the bachelor’s degree level.
- A postgraduate master’s degree in English with Hindi as one of the subjects studied at the bachelor’s level.
- A Postgraduate Master’s Degree in Sanskrit, with English and Hindi as Bachelor’s degree subjects.
For AAO (Legal)
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor of Laws or a Master of Laws degree from a recognized Indian university/institution. A minimum of three years of bartending experience is necessary.
For AAO (IT)
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (computer science, information technology, or electronics), or an MCA or MSC (computer science) from a recognized Indian university or institution is required.
LIC AAO Generalist Exam – Application Process
The Life Insurance Corporation of India organizes the AAO test at the national level, and candidates from all around the country can apply. The Assistant Administrative Officer test is given for a variety of specialties, each with a unique work profile.
The information needed by candidates for the application procedure is listed below –
Steps Involved in the LIC AAO Generalist Application Process
The steps for applying for the position of LIC AAO are as follows –
- Visit the official website of LIC.
- Select the ‘Career’ area from the home page.
- Click on the LIC AAO generalist recruitment 2022 announcement.
- When you click on the notice, the booklet will be downloaded to your computer (make sure your desktop settings allow pop-ups).
- Fill out the AAO LIC application form after carefully reading the instruction booklet.
- Upload a scanned copy of your signature and a photo of yourself (check the required size and dimensions).
- Then, press the submit button.
- Make a payment for a form of application.
- For your convenience, print the form.
Applicants must pay the application costs in order to finish the application process. The LIC AAO 2022 Application Fees for various categories are as follows –
Candidates must provide the following documents along with their AAO LIC application form. The following required documents are included in the table below –
|Photograph of the Candidate
|200 x 230 pixels
|20 kb–50 kb
|140 x 60 pixels
|10 kb-20 kb
|Left thumb impression
|240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI
|20 KB – 50 KB
|800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI
|50 KB – 100 KB
LIC AAO Generalist Exam – Exam Pattern
LIC AAO exam pattern consists of two examinations. Candidates must pass both the Prelims and Mains tests to be considered for an interview. Candidates who pass the preliminary exam are shortlisted for the main exam, and the ultimate selection is based on the interview.
- Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English are the three components of the LIC AAO test format.
- The questions will be multiple choice. There will be 100 questions, each earning one point.
- The LIC AAO exam pattern for prelims will be given entirely online.
- The sections, total questions in each part, marks allocated, and time duration of the LIC AAO Prelims exam are listed in the table below.
|No. Of Questions
Mains Exam Pattern
- The main exam will comprise both objective and descriptive tests.
- The Objective Test will be worth 300 points, while the Descriptive Test will be worth 25 points.
- The Objective Test will have different scheduling for each component.
- The tests will comprise areas such as Reasoning Ability, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Data Analysis and Interpretation, and Insurance and Financial Market Awareness.
- Following the completion of the objective test, the descriptive test will be administered.
|Minimum Qualifying Marks
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs
|Data Analysis & Interpretation
|Insurance and Financial Market Awareness
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
LIC AAO Generalist Exam – Syllabus
The LIC AAO Syllabus is essential for success in the LIC AAO prelims test. The LIC AAO Syllabus outlines the approach to preparing for the LIC AAO prelims test. The LIC AAO course is extremely similar to the banking tests, and students who are prepared for banking and other clerical exams may easily pass the LIC AAO exam because there is no negative marking. The LIC AAO Generalist Syllabus for prelims is shown below per subject.
|Order and Ranking
|Alphabet and Number Series
|Statement, Arguments, and Conclusion
|HCF and LCM
|Simple and Compound Interest
|Profit and Loss
|Permutation and Combination
|Problem on Ages
|Work and Time
|Speed, Distance and Time
|Boats and Streams
|Parts of Speech
|Antonyms and Synonyms
|Active and Passive Voice
|Direct and Indirect Speech
|Idioms and Phrases