More than reading current affairs from a particular source, it’s more necessary to revise it properly. The importance of current affairs is well known to all the aspirants and thus, Edureify, the best AI learning app compiles the weekly current affairs in the simplest manner. You can easily revise the current affairs which are compiled weekly. Along with this, stay updated to Edureify for more updates on daily current affairs. You can also download the Weekly current affairs (04th July to 08th July, 2022) pdf for further reference
Top Highlights of 04th July, 2022
(1) The government granted SBI permission to issue and cash in electoral bonds
- The government provided its approval for the sale of the 21st tranche of electoral bonds and for their issuance. in an attempt to foster greater openness.
- Electoral bonds have been suggested as a replacement for monetary contributions to political parties in an effort to promote transparency in political financing.
(2) The State Food Safety Index (SFSI) 2021–2022 was published by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- According to the SFSI 2021–22, of the 20 main states, Tamil Nadu did the best and was rated first with an overall score of 82 out of 100, while Andhra Pradesh came in worst with an overall score of 26, taking 17th position.
- Following Tamil Nadu in the rankings of the larger states are Gujarat (rank 2nd with a score of 77.5), Maharashtra (3rd with 70), and Hand Himachal Pradesh (4th with 65.5), and West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh (sharing 5th with a score of 58.5).
Top Highlights from 05th June, 2022
(1) The Fifth Global Film Tourism Conclave is opened by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Union Minister for Minority Affairs, gave the fifth Global Film Tourism Conclave its official opening at Mumbai’s Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach.
- The PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) organised the fifth GFTC with the theme “Unleashing the Power of Cinematic Tourism” in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
(2) The government transforms the Banks Board into the Financial Institutions Bureau
- The Banks Board Bureau (BBB), which served as the government’s chief recruiter for directors of state-owned banks and financial institutions, has been renamed Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB).
- The FSIB now includes guidelines for choosing general managers and directors of public sector general insurance businesses.
Top Highlights from 06th July, 2022
(1)Visionary British theatre director Peter Brook passes away
- At the age of 97, Peter Brook, one of the most inventive theatre directors in history, passed away. He had a reputation for bringing up dramatic scenes in unexpected places.
- The British director staged shows that included difficult Shakespeare adaptations, world opera, and Hindu epic texts. In 1987, he brought a breathtaking nine-hour production of the Sanskrit epic “The Mahabharata” to New York from France.
(2) Tanuja Nesari receives the Ayurveda Ratna award from the UK Parliament
- The UK Parliament presented Tanuja Nesari, Director of the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), with the Ayurveda Ratna Award.
- Her commitment to fostering the advancement of Indian traditional sciences was recognised with an award from the UK’s All-Party Parliamentary Group on Indian Traditional Sciences (ITSappg).
Top Highlights from 07th July, 2022
(1) To streamline board examination results, the CBSE has launched the Pariksha Sangam platform.
- For the purpose of consolidating board examination results, sample papers, and other information in a single window, the CBSE Board has launched a website called “Pariksha Sangam.”
- The recently launched Pariksha Sangam portal, according to cbsedigitaleducation.com, “will integrate various examination-related processes to be carried out by the school’s regional offices and the Headquarters of the CBSE Board.”
(2) PM Modi introduces a 30-foot statue of Alluri Sitarama Raju, a freedom warrior
- A 30-foot bronze monument of Alluri Sitarama Raju was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Bhimavaram in the East Godavari region of Andhra Pradesh.
- Alluri Sitarama Raju’s 125th birthday and Rampa Kranti’s 100th anniversary will both be commemorated throughout the year celebrating India’s 75th anniversary of independence.
Top Highlights from 08th July, 2022
(1) The Ministry of Environment will host “Hariyali Mahotsav”
- At Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi, the Ministry of Environment, Forestry, and Climate Change will host “Hariyali Mahotsav” on July 8, 2022.
- In order to conduct plantation drives on the occasion, the mahotsav is being organized by the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Climate Change in partnership with the State Governments, Police Institutions, and Schools of Delhi.
(2) Parshottam Rupala opens the first-ever Animal Health Summit in India
- Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairy, will inaugurate the First India Animal Health Summit in 2022.
- He demanded that Ayurveda be used more frequently to ensure better animal health. Understanding the importance of animal health in relation to the larger goal of the First India Animal Health Summit 2022 was hosted at the NASC Complex in New Delhi.
This is the wrap up of weekly current affairs of this week. You can also refer to the previous week current affairs in case you have missed the important news from previous week.