Among the many competitive government exams in India, the SSC Juinor Engineer exam is also one of the sought-after positions. Many candidates appear for the exam and need to prepare very well for the same.
About SSC Junior Engineer Exam
The Staff Selection Commission of India conducts the SSC Junior Engineer exam to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Junior Engineer in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying and contract posts for various Departments and Ministries post in the Government of India. The process is to hire candidates for the posts in Group-B (non-gazetted), in Level-6 of the pay matrix of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
The pattern of the SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2022
The SSC JE exam is conducted in two phases- Paper I and Paper II.
Paper I has total marks of 200 and Paper II of 300 marks.
The question pattern is Multiple Choice Questions.
There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Syllabus And Weightage Of SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2022
Following is the syllabus of both Paper I and Paper II of the SSC JE exam.
- General Awareness: 50 marks
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: 50 marks
- Part A- General Engineering (Civil and Structure): 100
- Part B- General Engineering (Electrical): 100
- Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical): 100
- Part A- General Engineering (Civil and Structure): 300
- Part B- General Engineering (Electrical): 300
- Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical): 300
To Note: Candidates applying for the post of JE (Civil) and JE(Quality Survey and Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil and Structure) of both Paper I and II.
Similarly, candidates applying for the JE (Electrical) need to attempt Part B (Electrical) and those appearing for JE (Mechanical) need to attempt Part C(Mechanical) of both Papers I and II.
Eligibility and Educational Qualification For SSC JE Exam 2022
The Staff Selection Commission provides the requirements that must be fulfilled by the interested candidates to appear for the exam. The requirement to be eligible to appear for the exam is to be an Indian citizen and be within the upper limit of 30 to 32 years of age according to the different categories.
The educational requirement for the post in the Mechanical department is either of the following-
- Diploma degree of 3 years in Mechanical Engineering, or
- Mechanical Engineering from one of the government-recognized universities in India.
The educational requirement for the post in the Electrical department is either of the following-
- 3 years Diploma degree in Electrical Engineering, or
- Electrical Engineering from one of the government-recognized universities in India.
The educational requirement for the post in the Civil and Structure departments is either of the following-
- 3 years Diploma degree in Civil Engineering, or
- Civil Engineering from one of the government-recognized universities in India.
Cut-off Of SSC Junior Engineer Exam
The SSC JE cut-off according to the 2018-19 circular is as follows-
The cut-off for Paper I is the following table.
|Category||Civil Engineering||Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering|
Important Dates OF SSC Junior Engineer Exam
Following are the important dates related to the SSC JE exam 2021-22-
- Notification Release Date: 28th November 2022
- SSC JE 2021 Application Starts: 28th November 2022
- SSC JE 2021 Last Date to Apply: 27th December 2022
- SSC Tier-I Admit Card 2021: To be notified
- Commencement of Tier-I Exam: March 2023
- SSC JE Tier-I Result and Cut-Off: To be notified
- SSC JE Tier-II Admit Card: To be notified
- Commencement of Tier-II Exam: To be notified
According to the 2019 exam, the total vacancy for the SSC JE exam was 1150.
Some FAQs about the SSC JE exam-
1. What posts can one apply for in the SSC JE Exam?
Based on one’s specialization, whether Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical, candidates can apply for the following posts-
- SSC JE Civil and Structure
- SSC JE Electrical
- SSC JE Mechanical
2. Is the SSC JE Paper I conducted online?
Yes, the SSC JE Paper I is a computer-based test in the MCQ pattern.
3. What is the exam duration of Paper I of the SSC JE exam?
The duration of Paper I of the SSC JE Exam is 2 hours.
4. How many times can a candidate appear for the SSC JE Exam?
As per the age limit, if a candidate is within the stipulated age limit to appear, the candidate can keep attempting till he/she gets the desired result.
5. Where can I get to take mock tests, and quizzes, and get flashcards for the SSC JE exam preparation?
Edureify! Candidates can get all the updated study materials for the SSC JE exam from Eduriefy. Aspirants can also take as many mock tests and quizzes as they like till they feel confident to appear for the actual exam.