IIT Bombay has issued the new JEE Advanced 2022 exam dates on the official website. As per the new schedule, the JEE Advanced 2022 exam will be held on August 28. Moreover, the authorities will release the JEE Advanced 2022 application form online mode on August 7. Interested candidates can fill out the application form for JEE Advanced 2022 till August 11.
The JEE Advanced exam 2022 will be conducted in the form of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers are prepared from the JEE Advanced 2022 syllabus as released by the authorities. It is important for the candidates to know that the JEE Advanced exam will be conducted in two shifts. And, admission to IITs will be through counseling.
JEE Advanced 2022 Syllabus
- General Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis; least count, significant figures
- Methods of measurement and error analysis for physical quantities pertaining to the following experiments: Experiments based on using Vernier calipers and screw gauge (micrometer),
- Determination of g using a simple pendulum, Young’s modulus – elasticity of the material Surface tension of water by capillary rise and effect of detergents.
- Specific heat of a liquid using a calorimeter, focal length of a concave mirror and a convex lens using a u-v method, Speed of sound using resonance column.
- Mechanics Kinematics in one and two dimensions (Cartesian coordinates only), projectiles; Uniform circular motion; Relative velocity. Newton’s laws of motion; Inertial and uniformly accelerated frames of reference;
- Static and dynamic friction; Kinetic and potential energy; Work and power; Conservation of linear momentum and mechanical energy. Systems of particles;
- Centre of mass and its motion; Impulse; Elastic and inelastic collisions. Rigid body, the moment of inertia, parallel and perpendicular axes theorems, the moment of inertia of uniform bodies with simple geometrical shapes;
- Angular momentum; Torque; Conservation of angular momentum; Dynamics of rigid bodies with fixed axis of rotation; Rolling without slipping of rings, cylinders, and spheres
- Equilibrium of rigid bodies; Collision of point masses with rigid bodies. Forced and damped oscillation (in one dimension), resonance. Linear and angular simple harmonic motions.
- Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus. Law of gravitation; Gravitational potential and field; Acceleration due to gravity; Kepler’s law, Geostationary orbits, Motion of planets and satellites in circular orbits;
- Escape velocity. Pressure in a fluid; Pascal’s law; Buoyancy; Surface energy and surface tension, angle of contact, drops, bubbles, and capillary rise. Viscosity (Poiseuille’s equation excluded), Modulus of rigidity, and bulk modulus in mechanics. Stoke’s law;
- Terminal velocity, Streamline flow, equation of continuity, Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications. Wave motion (plane waves only), longitudinal and transverse waves, superposition of waves; Progressive and stationary waves;
- The vibration of strings and air columns; Resonance; Beats; Speed of sound in gases; Doppler effect (in sound) Thermal Physics Thermal expansion of solids, liquids, and gases; Calorimetry, latent heat;
- Carnot engine and its efficiency; Blackbody radiation: absorptive and emissive powers; Kirchhoff’s law;
- Wien’s displacement law, Stefan’s law. Revised Syllabus to be followed from JEE (Advanced) 2023 2 Electricity and Magnetism Coulomb’s law; Electric field and potential
- The electrical potential energy of a system of point charges and of electrical dipoles in a uniform electrostatic field; Electric field lines; Flux of the electric field;
- Sets, Relations, and Functions Sets and their representations, different kinds of sets (empty, finite, and infinite), algebra of sets, intersection, complement.
- Difference and symmetric difference of sets and their algebraic properties, De-Morgan’s laws on the union, intersection, difference (for a finite number of sets), and practical problems based on them.
- Cartesian product of finite sets, ordered pair, relations, domain and codomain of relations, equivalence relation Function as a special case of relation, functions as mappings, domain, codomain, range of functions,
- Invertible functions, even and odd functions, into, onto and one-to-one functions, special functions (polynomial, trigonometric, exponential, logarithmic, power, absolute value, greatest integer, etc.), sum, difference, product, and composition of functions.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
|JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria – Details|
|Age Limit||Minimum Age: No limit
Maximum Age: No limit
|Educational Qualification||Must have a Class 12th passing certificate from a recognized board.|
|Nationality||Must be an Indian Citizen.|
|Number Of Attempts||Until reaching the maximum age limit|
|Experience||No prior experience|
How to Apply for the JEE Advance Exam?
The candidates can apply for the JEE Advance exam by visiting the online website. Candidates must visit the online website of IIT Bombay. You can register yourself on the website and then by filling in all the details, apply for the examination successfully.
|Documents||Size of the Documents|
|Photograph (Scanned)||10kb to 20kb|
|Signature (Scanned)||15kb to 20kb|
The documents should be uploaded in the following format only. The signature should be scanned on a white page in bright light conditions.
|General Candidates/OBC Candidates||Rs.1000/-|
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
Eduriefy offers complete test solutions for the JEE Advanced Exam 2022. It also provides Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Full Mock Tests as separate subject-wise online practice tests. You can also solve online quizzes on JEE Advance topics. This will help you in clearing the examination and also in scoring well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question no 1:- Who is the conducting body of the JEE Advance Exam?
Answer:- The conducting body for the JEE Advanced Exam is the National Testing Agency.
Question no 2:-What is the exam date for the JEE Advance Exam?
Answer:- The date of the written examination will be announced soon.
Question no 3:- When was the notification for the JEE Advance Exam released?
Answer:-The JEE Advance Exam notification has been released in January 2022.
Question no 4:-What is the age eligibility criteria for the JEE Advance Exam?
Answer:- The age eligibility is 18 years to 25 years maximum for general candidates.
Question no 5:- What is the minimum educational qualification required for the JEE Advance Exam?
Answer:- The minimum educational qualification required for the JEE Advance Exam is that the candidates must have been in the Intermediate class or should have passed the Intermediate or Class 12th from a recognized school or board.