Aspirants appearing for the various competitive government exams in India like WBCS, SSC, Railways, Banking, IBPS, and more need to have a strong preparation in various subjects like qualitative and quantitative reasoning and daily current affairs. Daily current affairs is one of the most important subjects of these competitive exams. Candidates need to have a stronghold on the daily current affairs to qualify in these exams.
Edureify understands the need for daily current affairs. With our daily current affairs quiz section, aspirants can learn about the latest happenings around the world and prepare well for their upcoming exams. Edureify provides the daily current affairs to let aspirants and students be aware of the latest news.
Read on to know the daily current affairs of 11th June 2022.
Today’s National Current Affairs
1. Himachal Pradesh approves drone policy in the state-
- Jai Ram Thakur, CM of Himachal Pradesh, has approved the “Himachal Pradesh Drone Policy 2022”.
- The drone policy aims to enable the use of drones and other similar technology for various public services in the hill state.
- By approving this policy, Himachal Pradesh becomes the first state in the country to formally permit and acknowledge the public use of drones.
2. PGI Chandigarh center for tobacco control gets WHO’s recognition-
- The Resource Center for Tobacco Control (e-RCTC) of the Department of Community Medicine and School of Public Health at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh has received the Regional Director Special Recognition Award by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The Research Center for Tobacco Control gives information regarding tobacco control in India along with circulars, orders, policies, and multidisciplinary publications.
3. The 44th Chess Olympiad’s logo, Mascot, unveiled by Tamil Nadu’s CM-
- The logo and Mascot for the 44th FIDE Chess Olympiad, which is to take place in Mamallapuram next month, is unveiled by M.K Stalin, the CM of Tamil Nadu.
- The event is to take place between July 28 and August 10.
- Around 2,000 players from over 180 countries will compete in the international event.
- A countdown clock for the Olympiad is also unveiled by the CM that is set up at the Greater Chennai Corporation’s Headquarters in Ripon Building.
4. Development project worth Rs. 3,000 crore inaugurated by PM Modi-
- Foundation stone of multiple development initiatives over Rs. 3,000 crore is inaugurated by PM Modi in Gujarat on 10th June 2022.
- Inauguration of 7 projects and 12 projects’ foundational stone laying was part of the event.
- The aim behind these projects is to improve the water supply in the region along with boosting connectivity for a better living.
5. Special ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ meet to be hosted in India in June 2022-
- On 16-17 June 2022, India is to host the Special ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (SAIFMM).
- The meeting will mark the 30th anniversary of India’s relations with ASEAN.
- This will be the first time India will be hosting the meeting in New Delhi.
- S. Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister, and other ASEAN Ministers will attend the meeting.
- 2022 has been designated as the ASEAN-India friendship year.
International Current Affairs
1. New York legislature passed the World’s first ‘Right to Repair’ Law for Digital Electronics-
- New York legislature becomes the first in the world to pass the law for Digital Electronics.
- The “Right to Repair” was enacted by the requiring digital electronics makers to make parts, tools, information, and software available to independent businesses and customers.
- The “Fair Repair Act” was put in action after the government put pressure to safeguard customers’ right to refurbish and repair their purchased products.
2. Mandatory death penalty abolished by Malaysia-
- The death penalty has been abolished by the Malaysian government.
- In place of the death penalty, the government has decided on a substitute sentence that will be imposed at the discretion of the courts.
- This is an important step for Southeast Asia where the crimes that are punishable by death include drug trafficking, murder, kidnapping, possession of firearms, and terrorism.
Business and Economy Current Affairs
1. India’s growth forecast is upgraded from negative to stable by Fitch Ratings-
- India’s outlook has been upgraded from Negative to Stable by Fitch Ratings after noting diminishing downside risks to medium-term growth as a result of the country’s strong economic recovery.
- But also, the global rating firm has decreased its GDP growth prediction for 2022-23 from 8.5% to 7.8% due to the impact of inflation on development momentum.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
1. 3 rockets to be launched by NASA from a private Australian space port-
- In June, NASA will launch a research rocket from remote Australia.
- On June 26, July 4, and July 12 three suborbital-sounding rockets will be launched from the Arnhem Space Center from Nhulunbuy in the Northern Territory.
- Alpha Centauri A and B star systems will be the focus of the research rockets.
Sports Current Affairs
1. Silver medals in 50m pistol event won by Manish Narwal, Singhraj Adhana-
- India’s Manish Narwal and Singhraj Adhana won silver medals at the Mixed Team 50m pistol SH1 event at the Chateauroux Para-Shooting World Cup on 9th June.
- So far, India has won three golds and two silver medals.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs
1. Baikho festival celebrated in Assam for good rain and harvest-
- The Baikho festival is celebrated in Assam for good rain and harvest.
- The Rabha Tribes of India celebrate the festival.
- This is an annual celebration that celebrates the auspicious harvest season.
Here were the daily current affairs of 11th June 2022.
Read the daily current affairs of 10th June 2022 here.
Want to read the pdf of the daily current affairs of 10th June 2022? Download the pdf of the Daily Current Affairs of 10th June 2022 here.