The various competitive government exams in India test their candidates in many subjects. Daily current affairs is the most common subject that candidates appearing for the various competitive exams need to have a stronghold on. WBCS, SSC, Railways, Banking, IBPS, and other such exams require their candidates to be aware of the latest daily current affairs.
Edureify understands the need for daily current affairs and has therefore dedicated a particular section for it to help aspirants prepare for their exams. Edureify has also ensured that aspirants get to take the daily current affairs quiz for better preparation. With Eduriefy by their side, aspirants do not need to go look elsewhere to get hold of the latest current affairs.
Read on to know the daily current affairs of 8th June 2022.
Today’s National Current Affairs
1. Rotary International Convention 2022 addressed by Prime Minister Modi virtually-
- While addressing the Rotary International Convention 2022, PM Modi said that India is the land of Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi who taught what it means to live for others.
- PM Modi attended the Rotary International World Convention virtually.
2. The 4th State Food Safety Index released by the Union Health Minister-
- On 7th June 2022, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, the Union Health Minister for Health and Family Welfare, released the 4th State Food Safety Index (SFSI).
- According to the report, Tamil Nadu is the top-ranking state, followed by Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) released the report.
- The report is generated after measuring the performance of the States across five parameters of food safety.
3. A two-days Visitor’s Conference 2022 held by the President in New Delhi-
- On 7th June 2022, President Ram Nath Kovind held the two-days Visitor’s Conference at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- The President also conferred awards the Visitor’s Awards 2020 in the categories of Research and Technical Development.
- The conference also witnessed a presentation on ‘Role and Responsibilities of Higher Education Institutions in Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
International Current Affairs
1. General Major Bajram Begaj is elected as the new president of Albania-
- The Parliament of Albania has elected General Major Bajram Begaj, a top military official, as its new president.
- The decision was made after no candidates were nominated in three rounds of voting.
- Ilir Meta, the outgoing President, has signed the document to release Bagaj as Chief of General Staff of the AAF.
2. For a stronger cooperation, India and Canada sign an MoU on Climate Action-
- Bhupendra Yadav, Union Environment Minister of India, and Steven Guilbeault have signed a Memorandum of Understanding at the Stockholm + 50 summit.
- The MoU is signed to strengthen the bilateral collaboration between India and Canada on climate change, environmental preservation, and conservation.
3. Naval exercises in Baltic Sea held by NATO with NATO allies and partners-
- More than 7,000 sailors, airmen, and marines from 16 nations, including Finland and Sweden, the two aspiring NATO members, began the two-week US-led naval exercise in the Baltic Sea.
- The BALTOPS is an annual naval exercise that began in 1972 is not carried out in response to any particular danger.
- NATO stated that “with both Sweden and Finland participating, NATO is embracing the opportunity in an unpredictable world to increase its combined force resilience and strength” as a collaboration with the two Nordic aspirant countries.
Business and Economy Current Affairs
1. A financial education initiative “Har Time EMI on Time” is launched by Bajaj Finance-
- Bajaj Finance, a global financial services conglomerate, has launched a new digital campaign titled “Har Time EMI on Time”.
- The aim behind the campaign is to raise awareness about the advantages and importance of good financial habits for a financially secured future.
- The campaign also aims to inform the general public about the advantages of paying EMIs on time.
2. The foreign exchange reserves of India have surpassed USD 600 billion-
- Courtesy of a substantial growth in the country’s foreign currency assets, the foreign exchange reserves of India have increased from USD 3.854 billion to USD 601.363 billion.
Sports Current Affairs
1. The first-ever National Air Sports Policy 2022 has been announced-
- Jyotiraditya Scindia, the Union Civil Aviation Minister, has announced the first-ever National Air Sports Policy in New Delhi.
- The aim behind the policy is to make India one of the top air sporting nations by 2030.
- It will also aim to improve and provide a safe, affordable, and sustainable air sports environment in the country.
- The policy will promote 11 air sports.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs
1. Blue Duke: the State Butterfly of Sikkim-
- P.S Golay, the Chief Minister of Sikkim, declared Blue Duke as the State Butterfly of Sikkim during the World Environment Day celebrations.
- Blue Duke is a native butterfly of Sikkim who had a strong contender named Krishna Peacock.
- Among the 720-odd butterfly species, Blue Duke and Krishna Peacock were shortlisted as the nominees for the State Butterfly, where Blue Duke won the title.
Here were the daily current affairs of 8th June 2022.
Read the daily current affairs of 7th June 2022 here.
Want to read the pdf of the daily current affairs of 7th June 2022? Download the pdf of the Daily Current Affairs of 7th June 2022 here.