Edureify is here to provide you with all the updated and latest Current Affairs on 30th April 2022. Government exams and Other Competitive Exams like WBCS, SSC, Railways, Banking, and IBPS all require their candidates to be well versed in the daily news and trending news. Edureify understands the need for daily current affairs and has thus curated the list of all the trending news to help students better prepare for their upcoming examinations and achieve a good score in current affairs.
Read on to know the daily current affairs of 30th April 2022.
Today’s National Current Affairs:
1. Telangana first in India to have a map room, to help in implementing schemes
- Telangana is the first state in the country to have a map room and the second after the first Map Room was set up in the White House.
- In the newly-opened map room at CDMA’s Knowledge Centre, one can find a gigantic world map, political map of India, Telangana (33 districts) map, Hyderabad map, etc.
- The Map Room takes its name from its use during World War II when US President Franklin Roosevelt used it as a situation room where maps were consulted to track the war’s progress.
- The room is used for television interviews, holding small teas, and social gatherings.
- PM to inaugurate 3-day Semicon India Conference-2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Semicon India Conference-2022.
- This three-day event will take place in Bengaluru.
- The conference is envisioned as the launchpad to kick start the country’s ambition of becoming the global semiconductor hub and nurturing the chip design and manufacturing ecosystem.
- Eminent experts from industry associations, research organizations, and academia will take part in this conference.
- They will deliberate upon policy, talent, government’s role, and efforts in creating a favorable growth environment for the semiconductor ecosystem in the country.
- The flagship conference is the first step toward actualizing the India Semiconductor Mission.
- The event will help in showcasing the present capabilities, technology trends, market opportunities, and investment in research and development in the country.
- It will also showcase innovations by start-ups and key projects undertaken by academic institutions.
- Indigenous Aircraft Carrier Vikrant to be handed over to Indian Navy by August 2022
- The Indigenous Aircraft Carrier Vikrant being built by the Cochin Shipyard Ltd will be handed over to the Indian Navy by August this year.
- The International Ship Repair Facility being established by the Shipyard will have a 6,000-tonne ship lift, and six workstations, besides a total outfitting berth of 1,500 meters.
- The Shipyard enjoys a 40 percent market share of the country’s shipbuilding industry and has so far built and exported 47 vessels to countries like Norway, the Netherlands, Germany, the United States, Saudi Arabia, and UAE.
- The yard is also gearing up to cater to the country’s cruise market, which has the potential to grow eightfold over the next decade.
- Mandate Document of National Curriculum Framework launched in Bengaluru
- Union Minister for Education, Skill Development, and Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan released a mandate document for the National Curriculum Framework under the National Education Policy in Bengaluru.
- The mandate document is the stepping stone between National Educational Policy and National Curriculum Framework.
- The Education Minister described the mandate document as a step forward toward the formation of a new National syllabus and textbooks.
- He informed that the curriculum for the first stage of the National Curriculum Framework related to playschool will be ready by the next Sarswati Pooja date.
- Describing National Education Policy as Philosophy and National Curriculum Framework, the Minister said, it is a password to the future that will change the destiny of this country.
- The Minister further said National Education Policy is a unanimous document prepared after wide consultations.
- He informed that a suggestion has been given to him to prepare a mobile app to enable citizens to upload their suggestions on National Curriculum Framework.
- National Education Policy is a document for future generations that will decolonize education in the country.
- He also pointed out that it is a scientific document for all developing and third world countries to follow to reap the demographic dividends.
- LG Baggavalli Somashekar Raju to take over as Vice Chief of Army Staff
- Lieutenant General Baggavalli Somashekar Raju will take over as the Vice Chief of the Army Staff.
- An alumnus of Sainik School Bijapur and National Defence Academy, he was commissioned in the JAT Regiment on 15th December 1984.
- J&K: India’s first cable-stayed bridge- Anji Khad Bridge to be complete by Dec 2022
- India’s first cable-stayed bridge- Anji Khad Bridge will be complete by December this year in the Reasi district of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Anji Khad Bridge is situated over the Anji river.
- It will connect the Katra-Reasi section at the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla route.
- The 272-kilometer-long Udhampur-Baramulla Railway Line will be a game-changer for the Union Territory and 80 percent of the work on the project has been completed.
- For now, the focus is on the strategic, intervening line of about 111 km between Katra and Banihal, which consists of many tunnels and escape tunnels.
- The project is the highest altitude railway network in India — defying gravity on the impossible terrain of the Pir Panjal Mountain Range.
- The world’s most advanced technologies are being used for the planning and construction of the Kashmir Railway Project.
Business & Economy Current Affairs:
- Govt to launch e-commerce network in 100 cities
- The government plans to roll out its indigenously developed online e-commerce network for the public in 100 Indian cities by Diwali to provide millions of Kirana stores and consumers an alternative to multinational platforms such as Amazon and Flipkart.
For Updated Daily Current Affairs MCQ Quiz Download The Edureify app now
2. First International Research Conference on Insolvency And Bankruptcy Being Organized By Insolvency And Bankruptcy Board Of India In Association With IIM Ahmedabad On 30th April- 1st May 2022
- The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), a premier global management Institute, in collaboration with the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) will organize its first International Research Conference on Insolvency and Bankruptcy.
- The conference is supported by the Misra Centre for Financial Markets and Economy, IIMA, and co-sponsored by the National Stock Exchange, State Bank of India, Bombay Stock Exchange, and National Institute for Securities Markets.
1. Union Bank first public sector lender to join the account aggregator platform
- Union Bank of India has become the first public sector lender to go live on the account aggregator ecosystem, a part of the government’s digital initiatives to improve credit delivery.
- The account aggregator ecosystem helps lenders leverage digital data acquired with the customer’s consent to provide seamless service without physical documentation.
- Any financial information user (FIU) can request data based on a consent given by the customer on their account aggregator handle.
Science & Technology Current Affairs:
- Argentine scientists discover the fossil of the largest raptor dinosaur
- A team of Argentine paleontologists digging in Patagonia has discovered the remains of the largest dinosaur belonging to the raptor family ever recorded.
- The dinosaur, a new species named Maip macrothorax, was between nine and 10 meters (29.5 and 32.8 feet) long, while other “megaraptors” were no longer than nine meters.
2. The world’s first tiny brain implant aims to reverse Parkinson’s symptoms
- In a world-first, UK doctors have implanted a device into a brain to reverse the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Surgeons at Southmead Hospital in Bristol used a tiny deep brain stimulation (DBS) device to override abnormal brain-cell firing patterns caused by Parkinson’s.
- Currently, there is no cure for Parkinson’s disease, which leads to parts of the brain becoming progressively damaged over years. Symptoms include involuntary shaking of parts of the body, slow movement, and stiff and inflexible muscles.
- The new DBS system is the smallest ever created. It consists of a tiny battery system for the device, which then delivers electrical impulses directly to targeted areas of the brain.
- To do so, electric probes are put through the skull and deep into the center of the brain, into the subthalamic nuclei.
- It takes just three hours to carry out the new operation, about half the time it used to with the larger battery.
Miscellaneous Current Affairs:
International Dance Day
- International Dance Day is a global celebration of dance, created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute, the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO.
- The event takes place every year on 29 April, which is the anniversary of the birth of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet.
Here were the daily current affairs of 30th April 2022.